Start Saving, Save Better
Who wouldn’t like to have more money in the bank! We make it easier for you to save, wherever you’re starting from. Just choose your goal, or select a resource or tool to begin.
Saving money, made easier
These savings basics will help your bank balance grow. Just find the goal you want to work on — and start saving.
Get a handle on spending
- Read Article: Find your spending hot spots
- View Tip: Start using a spending system
- View Tip: Think twice before you spend
- View Tip: How to save while you spend
- Try Tool: Simply Save Calculator
Start using a budget
Cut costs on everyday expenses
- Read Article: Reducing spending is the key to saving
- Read Article: Separate essentials from discretionary spending
- Use Checklist: Save on everyday expenses
Plan ahead for big purchases
- Read Article: Use TFSAs to save for big-ticket items
- Print Worksheet: Have you factored in all the costs of owning a car?
- Read Article: How much home can you afford?
- Read Article: Pulling together a down payment
- View Tip: Save a lot of money later with a larger down payment now
- Try Tool: Your Savings Tool
- Try Tool: Personal Loan/Line of Credit calculator
- Try Tool: Mortgage Payment Calculator
- Try Tool: TD Mortgage Affordability Calculator
Start saving money
Save more money
Fine-tune my saving strategy
- Read Article: Think about short- and long-term savings
- View Tip: Why taking out a loan for your RSP contribution may make sense
- View Tip: 3 ways a TFSA can help you save more
- View Tip: Saving that gives you an extra payoff