What is the Interac e-Transfer service?
The Interac e-Transfer service allows you to transfer money directly from your business bank account to anyone who has an email address and a bank account at a Canadian financial institution. And your customers can send money to you just as easily!
How does it work?
To Send Money:
- Add Recipient
- All you need is the recipient's name and email address. After registering for the Interac e-Transfer service, you add the names and email addresses of recipients to your Recipient List. You also create a Security Question and Answer specific to each recipient.
The Security Question and Answer, which you create prior to the transfer taking place, are used to ensure the identity of the recipient. If the question is not answered correctly, you will be advised via email and instructed as to how to deposit the money back into your account.
- Send Money
- After you complete a "Send Money" request and receive your confirmation number, the money will be withdrawn immediately from your TD Canada Trust account. An email will be sent to the recipient advising them of the Interac e-Transfer, along with instructions on how to collect the money.
- Receive Money
- To receive the money, the recipient must read the email notification and follow the instructions included (including correctly answering the Security Question).
- Complete Transfer
- Once the recipient has deposited the money into their bank account, you will receive an email notification confirming the transfer.
To Receive Money:
- Money is sent to you via online banking
- Your customers access their online banking to send the money -all they need from you is your name and email address.
- Email notification is received
- You will receive an email to notify you that your customer has sent you money. Read this notification and follow the instructions included (including correctly answering the Security Question). Click on the TD Canada Trust logo to login to TD Canada Trust EasyWeb. There is no service fee to receive an Interac e-Transfer using TD Canada Trust EasyWeb.
- Login to EasyWeb to accept money
- You'll be instructed to login to EasyWeb. Once you login to EasyWeb, simply select the TD Canada Trust business bank account in which to deposit the money.
- Email confirmation is sent to the sender
- Once you've deposited the money into your business bank account, the sender will receive an email notification confirming the transfer.
How secure is this method of transferring money?
Email carries only the notification of the pending transfer. It does not include any personal account information. To transfer the money between sender and recipient, the banks use reliable and secure payment networks that have been in place for a number of years.
Furthermore, to identify the recipient when collecting the money, the recipient must successfully login to their online banking service and correctly answer the Security Question before receiving the money. And, for EasyWeb customers, the Security Guarantee applies!
Try it today!
To send an Interac e-Transfer, the fee is $1.50. To receive and deposit an Interac e-Transfer using TD Canada Trust EasyWeb, it's free. For more information, please call 1-800-987-3506.
Not yet registered for EasyWeb?
No problem - simply visit any TD Canada Trust branch to have EasyWeb access connected to your Small Business Banking Access Card. You then register for the Interac e-Transfer service through EasyWeb.