Reduce your taxes
Making a contribution up to your maximum contribution amount may help to reduce the taxes that you are required to pay.
Deferred payment option
You can defer payments for up to 120 days but interest will continue to accrue.
Depending on RSP loan type, you can borrow up to $50,000:
- For an On-the-Spot RSP Loan you can borrow up to your unused RSP contribution room for that year (maximum limit of $7,500 for applications submitted online. For amounts greater, please visit us today at any TD Canada Trust branch or call 1-877-247-2265).
- For a CarryForward RSP Loan you can borrow up to $50,000
Choose one of our RSP Loans
|On-the-Spot RSP Loan||CarryForward RSP Loan|
|Is this for me?||If you want a loan to make a contribution for this year.||If you want a loan to catch up on contributions from past years.|
|Maximum Principal Amount||Up to your unused RSP contribution room for that year (maximum limit of $7,500 for applications submitted online. For amounts greater, please visit us today at any TD Canada Trust branch or call 1-877-247-2265).||Up to $50,000|
In the case of the unexpected, get flexible protection for your loan obligations.
Ready to apply?
- Hold a TD Investment account (Daily Interest Savings account, TD Direct Investing account or TD Wealth account) or open one while applying for the RSP Loan
- Social Insurance Number (optional)
- Current address and previous address (if current address is less than 3 years)
- Your income (sources and amount)
- Your monthly mortgage or rent amount
- Your monthly payments (loans, credit cards, lines of credit)
- Household costs, (utility, property tax, insurance, etc)