Calculators & Tools
What Do I Need To Get Approved?
Your home financing checklist
Use the Home Financing Checklist to keep track of the information you are likely to need throughout your home financing journey.
Are you purchasing a home?
What information to bring about the property you are purchasing:
- Purchase and Sale Agreement(s) include schedules and waiver
- Real estate listing with photo
- Name, address and telephone number of your Solicitor/Notary
What information to bring about your financial situation
Confirmation of Down Payment from one or more of the following sources:
- History of your Savings Accounts and/or Deposits
- Liquid or other assets
- Gift Letter
Other Documentation/Information Required
If salaried or hourly employment (full time or regular part time) – provide one of the following:
- A letter from your employer on Company Letterhead which includes your name, salary or hourly pay rate and name and title of person signing the letter
- Current pay stubs
- Copy of a current Bank Account Statement showing direct deposit of your income
If self-employed or on contract, and/or you wish to include bonuses, overtime, gratuities or profit sharing, provide your last two years Notice of Assessments from the Canada Revenue Agency
If your income source is something other than mentioned above please refer to your TD Mortgage Specialist for more information on the type of income confirmation required.
Some of the common questions that you may be asked to complete your mortgage application.
- What current assets or savings do you have?
- What current liabilities do you have? (Please ensure that you know the amount outstanding and monthly payment)
- How much are (or estimate) the annual property taxes and heating costs?
- If the property is a condominium, what are the monthly condominium fees?
- What is the total square footage of your home?
- What is the total square footage of the land?
This checklist is for information only. Your specific situation may require different documentation or information than is required above.