Use your TD Access Card when
Your TD Access Card provides you access to your TD Canada Trust bank account, plus it can be used to make debit purchases in-store, online & around the world.
Payments are always made directly from your
Features and Benefits
Make everyday purchases with Interac Flash
- Everyday convenience – pay for in-store purchases quickly and securely with
Interac Flash at participating retailers. Simply hold it up to the terminal – no need to swipe or insert your TD Access Card.
- Flash spend limits – for your protection, a PIN is required for every $100 you spend in single purchases or $200 in multiple purchases.
Shop online and worldwide with the safety and security of Visa Debit
- Your TD Access Card provides the simplicity of debit with the acceptance of Visa. All purchases made with your card will continue to access your funds directly from your TD Canada Trust bank account. Your debit card has never been more universal.
- Expand Your Options — With the Visa Debit feature of your card, you can shop securely online at thousands of merchants. You can also enjoy the functionality of shopping with your TD Access Card in over 200 countries outside of Canada wherever Visa is accepted.1
- Access Your Cash — The Visa Debit feature of your TD Access Card allows you to withdraw cash at more than 2.2 million ATMs around the world displaying the Visa acceptance mark.
- Security — Visa Debit transactions are safe and secure, with multiple security elements built in to protect you.
- Get TD Fraud Alerts – we will instantly2 send you text messages notifying you if we detect suspicious activity made with your TD Access Card for your personal banking accounts.
- In addition, Visa Zero Liability5 provides protection to ensure you’re not responsible for fraudulent charges made with your account information or with a lost or stolen card, provided you have met your cardholder obligations including your responsibility to protect your PIN.
- Download TD MySpend to get real-time notifications every time a transaction is made using your TD Access Card as well as review your spending from the previous day with Daily Digest notifications. That way, you can keep an eye on your spending and quickly notice if anything seems off.
- Learn more about potential service fees for using your Access Card for cash withdrawals at non-TD ATMs outside of Canada or purchases in a foreign currency.
|Scenario||Transaction Fee||FX Fee|
|Foreign currency withdrawal at a non-TD ATM outside Canada||$3 in the United States or Mexico
$5 in any country outside of Canada, the United States or Mexico
No service fees at TD Bank, AMCB ATMs
No service fees if you have a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan or TD Wealth Private Banking Account
|The transaction amount, including any ATM provider fees incurred by the client, will be converted to Canadian dollars based on the exchange rate set by Visa International in effect on the date the transaction is posted to your account and will include a fee equal to 3.5% of the converted amount.|
|Foreign currency debit purchase outside Canada using a TD Access Card with a Visa Debit logo||N/A||3.5% of the Canadian dollar amount after conversion of the foreign currency amount at the rate set by Visa International|
|Foreign currency debit purchase outside Canada using a TD Access Card that does not have a Visa Debit logo (NYCE)||N/A||0.035 is added to the exchange rate set by Interac Corp.|
Your payments are safe and secure
Shop with your TD Access Card knowing you are protected in the unlikely event of unauthorized activity on your account. Want to know more about the security elements built into your TD Access Card? Find out what makes your Card secure in the Security Features section below.
TD Fraud Alert texts, right to your phone.
Get TD Fraud Alerts – we will instantly1 send you text messages notifying you if we detect suspicious activity made with your TD Access Card for your personal banking accounts.
These alerts will include information about the transaction and ask you to confirm it. You can respond to the texts quickly and easily by replying with a “Y” or “N”. Based on your response, we will unblock or block your card immediately.
TD will never ask you to reply to a Fraud Alert text with any personal information or click on any links in your reply.
- Convenient. Receive TD Fraud Alert text messages alerting you about suspicious activity - you can respond using your mobile phone.
- Be in control. If you receive a TD Fraud Alert, you can reply by text message to confirm the transaction and avoid the inconvenience of an unnecessarily blocked card.
- Fast. Through our patented2 technology, your card is blocked or unblocked instantly, with minimal disruption to your day.
Instant alerts. Added convenience. Please ensure your Canadian mobile number1 is up-to-date in your TD customer profile to enjoy this free3 security feature.
To learn more about how TD Fraud Alerts work, watch the video below.
Instant alerts. Added convenience with TD Fraud Alerts
Your TD Access Card gives you secure access to your TD Canada Trust bank accounts. No one can access your accounts without your unique TD Access Card number and your confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN), EasyLine PhoneCode or EasyWeb password.
TD Access Cards have an embedded microchip that stores information in a secure, encrypted format. This prevents unauthorized users to copy or access the information on your card when using chip-enabled terminals or ATMs.
Your TD Access Card comes with a pre-assigned and confidential four-digit PIN for debit and ATM transactions. We recommend that you change this to a PIN of your own choice that is at least four digits long.
Change your PIN at any time
- You can change your PIN at your TD branch. After verifying your identity, the branch will help you select a new PIN. If you forget your PIN, you must visit a branch to receive a new one.
- You can also change your PIN at any Green Machine ATM location.
Always protect your PIN
- Memorize your PIN. Never keep a record of your PIN near your TD Access Card.
- Avoid choosing a PIN that might be easily guessed (such as your birthday, phone number or address).
- Don’t tell anyone your PIN.
- When entering your PIN, take precautions to keep it from the view of others.
If you plan to use your TD Access Card at ATMs internationally (using Visa's PLUS network), it is recommended that your PIN be at least 4 digits long and that the TD Canada Trust accounts you wish to access be connected to the Chequing button. Find a PLUS ATM at your next destination.
*The Plus Network is operated by Visa International who is responsible for ensuring all member banks are compliant with current standards to allow withdrawals by all PLUS cardholders.
Verified by Visa: Verified by Visa is a free joint effort between the Visa issuing banks, Visa Canada and participating retailers to provide you with increased security and convenience when you shop online. Visa offers comprehensive fraud protection, but Verified by Visa goes even a step further, adding an extra layer of security when you enter your TD Access card information online. You are automatically protected – and no additional sign-up or password is required. This program is offered to Visa cardholders at no additional cost and exists to help protect you against fraudulent transactions. All you need to do is shop as you always do online; Verified by Visa operates invisibly in the background.
Visa Zero Liability: Visa Zero Liability applies to all online and international transactions. Should your TD Access Card become compromised, you will not be held liable as long as you have met your obligations as outlined in the Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions. You are automatically protected – and no additional sign-up is required.
Interac Zero Liability: Interac Zero Liability applies to transactions completed using Interac Flash. Should your TD Access Card become compromised, you will not be held liable for unauthorized Interac Flash transactions as long as you have met your obligations as outlined in the Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions.
If your TD Access Card is lost or stolen, call 1-866-222-3456 or go to your nearest TD Canada Trust branch immediately to obtain a replacement card.
Note: The use of your TD Access Card is governed by the terms of the Financial Services Agreement and Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions.Please be sure to check your TD Canada Trust bank account on a regular basis to verify that you made the Access Card transactions that are shown. This can be done through statements you receive by mail or on EasyWeb.
1 Fees apply, see our About our Accounts and Related Services document for more information.
2 You are responsible for ensuring the mobile phone number we have on file is accurate and notifying us of any changes. We will send the TD Fraud Alert text message instantly upon detection of suspicious activity; however, receipt of the text message may be delayed or prevented due to a variety of factors such as technology failures, service outages, multiple third party involvement. TD Fraud Alert text messages will only be sent to customers who have a Canadian mobile phone number and a Canadian mailing address in their TD customer profile. Receipt of the text message may also be delayed or prevented if the mobile phone number on file isn’t active and/or connected to a cellular network at the time suspicious activity is detected.
2 TD Fraud Alerts technology is covered by granted Canadian patent no. 2,580,005 and granted U.S. patent nos. 8,024,271; 8,311,941; and 8,554,676.
3 TD does not charge any fees for TD Fraud Alerts. However, standard wireless carrier message rates may apply.
4 Fees apply, see our About our Accounts and Related Services document for more information.
5Visa Zero Liability applies to all online and international transactions. Should your TD Access Card become compromised, you will not be held liable as long as you have met your obligations as outlined in the Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions, including your responsibility to protect your PIN. You are automatically protected – and no additional sign-up is required.