In the unlikely event you experience a TD account loss resulting from a transaction through a TD online or mobile service, that you did not authorize, you will receive 100% reimbursement of those account losses provided you have met your security responsibilities.
How we protect you
We've made a commitment to keep your online and mobile transactions as safe as possible. The safeguards we’ve put in place to protect the security, privacy and integrity of your information during transactions include:
- Secure firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to our internal systems.
- Data encryption to help ensure that your information can only be decoded and read by our secure online and mobile environment.
- Around-the-clock monitoring to maintain the quality of our systems and proactively help identify unusual customer account activity.
But we can't do it alone
You play a vital role in protecting your security when using a TD online or mobile service on a computer, mobile device or tablet. While we implement safeguards to protect the security, privacy and integrity of your information, there are important safeguards that you should take to help protect your information and prevent loss:
- Ensure your browser and operating system are up to date. Software updates often contain fixes to make software more secure.
- Never provide personal information while using public WiFi as the WiFi connection may not be secure.
- Use Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware programs to help protect your computer, mobile device or tablet.
- Only install software from reputable companies and only install mobile applications from your mobile device's or tablet’s app store.
Your security responsibilities
You are automatically covered by the TD Online and Mobile Security Guarantee provided you meet your security responsibilities in the customer agreements you have with us.
For example, you must maintain the care, control and confidentiality of your user name(s) and password(s) that you use to access TD online or mobile services.
- User name includes your TD Access Card Number, your EasyWeb username or your WebBroker Connect ID.
- Password includes the passwords created to access your EasyWeb or WebBroker account(s), trading passwords (4 digit PIN) or passcode locks created to access your computer, mobile device or tablet.
This is important: We are not responsible for losses resulting from your failure to meet your security responsibilities. For example, where you:
- voluntarily disclose your user name or password.
- carelessly or improperly handle, store or disclose your user name or password.
- voluntarily allow another person to use your computer, mobile device or tablet.
- fail to call us immediately at EasyLine, 1-866-222-3456, or immediately visit us at any branch in the event of the following:
- loss, theft, misuse or compromise of your user name, password, mobile device or tablet.
- if you suspect unauthorized activity has occurred in your TD account(s).
Be sure to check your TD account(s) on a regular basis to verify that you authorized the transactions that are shown. This can be done through statements you receive online or by mail, or by checking your transaction information.
We’re always here to help
Our security measures include a team of customer service professionals on duty 24 hours, 7 days a week. Call us at EasyLine, 1-866-222-3456,if you have any questions or concerns regarding the security of your TD account(s) or TD online or mobile services.
If we make any changes to our Online and Mobile Security Guarantee, we will let you know by posting a notice on tdcanadatrust.com and tddirectinvesting.ca.
More information is available on our Privacy & Security site.
Please note that this TD Online and Mobile Security Guarantee applies to online and mobile services offered by TD Canada Trust and TD Direct Investing (a division of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc.) For information on how you may be reimbursed for unauthorized account losses through the TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank Online Banking Service, please review the Online Banking Services Agreement For Personal Account Customers.