Apply Now or call 1-800-983-8472
A good choice if:
- You want your U.S. Dollar Purchases billed and paid in U.S. dollars2
- You want freedom and flexibility when heading to the U.S.
- You want to eliminate conversion rates and fees when making purchases in U.S. Dollars
Enjoy a range of benefits designed especially for the needs of travellers to the U.S.
With a TD U.S. Dollar Visa Card, you get a wide range of travel coverage and purchase protection.
Ways to Apply
Apply for a Secured Card
Secured credit cards can be a great way to help rebuild your credit.
Locate your local TD Canada Trust branch where you can find out more.
Establish your credit
If you are new to Canada a secured Credit Card can be a great way to help establish your credit.
Locate your local TD Canada Trust branch where you can find out more and apply today.
Frequently asked questions
Trip Interruption Insurance4
When you charge the full cost of your trip to your TD U.S. Dollar Visa Card, you'll automatically receive Trip Interruption Insurance for the trip.
If a covered cause prevents you from completing your trip, you'll be covered for up to $5,000 of eligible trip interruption expenses per eligible person, to a maximum of $25,000 for all eligible persons on the same trip.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance3,6
You and your loved ones are automatically insured while travelling on a common carrier (train line, bus line, taxicab, cruise ship) whenever you charge the full cost of your transportation to your eligible TD Visa Card.
Emergency Travel Assistance Service7
- Medical referrals, consultation, monitoring and transportation to another medical facility, or medical payment assistance.
- Legal referrals and bail bond assistance.
- Emergency cash transfers (up to your available credit limit), transportation, replacement tickets and travel documents.
Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance3,8
- You and your family are insured for up to $1,000 if your checked baggage is lost or delayed by more than six hours from the time of arrival at your final destination.
- This includes the cost to replace essential items and the replacement cost of personal property that is not covered by the airline or other insurance if your checked baggage is never returned.
Travel Medical Insurance available for purchase5
Enjoy the security that comes with Travel Medical Insurance. When you're on a trip, the last thing you want to be concerned about is your medical coverage. Going out of province or country, Travel Medical Insurance covers you for eligible medical expenses so you can enjoy your trip. Choose between Annual Plan coverage (the best value for frequent travellers) which includes Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation coverages, or Per Trip coverage for occasional travellers.
Auto Rental Collision/ Loss Damage3,9
- Use your eligible TD Visa Card to charge the full cost of a car rental and the Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance program will cover you at no additional cost.
- This insurance coverage means you do not need to purchase the collision/loss damage insurance coverage offered by the car rental company.
24-hour Cash Advance and Account access10
- With your TD Credit Card, and a Personal Identification Number (PIN), you have access to instant Cash Advances, subject to your available credit limit, at TD Canada Trust branches and any of the over 1 million automated teller machines (ATMs) worldwide.
- You can call toll-free at 1-800-983-8472 whenever you want Account information or have questions regarding your TD Credit Card.
- With your TD Credit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN), you can also access your TD Credit Card Accounts balance and activity, make payments and withdrawals, and access your TD Canada Trust bank accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection3,8
- If an item you purchased in full with your TD Credit Card is stolen or damaged within 90 days, it may be replaced, repaired or you may be reimbursed for it.
- If the item comes with a manufacturer's warranty, you may be entitled to double the warranty period by up to 12 additional months.
Emergency Cash Advances10
- You can ask for an emergency Cash Advance in an amount determined by the type of TD Visa Card you have (subject to your available credit limit).