TD® Aeroplan®Visa Platinum* Card
TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card†
Get a Welcome Bonus‡ of 10,000 Aeroplan Miles with your first Purchase. Plus, for a limited time, you can get an additional1 5,000 miles when you spend $1,000 in Purchases on your Card within the first 90 days.
A good choice if you want:
- To earn up to 15,000 Aeroplan Miles. Get a Welcome Bonus‡ of 10,000 Aeroplan Miles with your first Purchase.
- Plus for a limited time get an additional 5,000 Aeroplan Miles1 when you spend $1,000 in Purchases on your Card within the first 90 days1.
- To earn 1 mile for every $1 you spend on gas, grocery and drug store purchases using your Card2
- To earn 1 mile for every $1.50 you spend on all other purchases using your Card3
- To earn miles twice4 when you pay with your TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card and show your Aeroplan Membership Card at the same time at over 150 Aeroplan partner brands and 100 online retailers through the Aeroplan eStore. Visit aeroplan.com for a list of participating Aeroplan partners.
- Faster access to DistinctionTM, Aeroplan’s recognition program that offers a range of Distinction benefits such as exclusive flight rewards, bonus mile offers and privileges. To learn more visit aeroplan.com/distinction
- The protection of valuable insurances5
- Special offers tailored to your card usage (as included in the Cardholder Agreement)
- A Card that offers no miles expiry as long as you are a Cardholder
How to earn Aeroplan Miles
Earn 1 mile2 for every $1 you spend on your Card at grocery stores, gas stations and drug stores.
Earn 1 mile3 for every $1.50 you spend on all other purchases on your Card.
Earn miles twice4 when you pay with your TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum and present your Aeroplan Membership Card at over 150 Aeroplan partner brands and at 100 online retailers through the Aeroplan eStore. Visit aeroplan.com for a list of Aeroplan partners.
Your Aeroplan Miles will not expire, as long as you are a TD Aeroplan Credit Cardholder.
Tracking your Aeroplan Miles
Redeeming your Aeroplan Miles
It’s easy to turn your Aeroplan Miles into rewards. Just go to aeroplan.com/useyourmiles to select the reward of your choice from the main menu.
Accept your Card by
February 28, 2015
Enjoy the comfort of
built-in insurances and
Accept your pre-approved Card
by February 28, 2015
† Applies to new TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Accounts (“Account”) only. We reserve the right at any time, without notice, to withdraw or reduce the credit limit if adverse credit information is obtained. Must accept offer by February 28, 2015. Other conditions apply. This offer may be changed, extended or withdrawn at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated.
Avis Rent-A-Car6 And Budget Rent-A-Car7 preferred rates
Save 5% to 25% off the lowest available discountable time and mileage retail rate on qualifying car rentals from Avis and Budget when the rental is charged to your Card.
For Avis rentals, visit avis.com/tdcreditcards or call 1-800-879-2847 to reserve. Quote Avis Worldwide Discount (“AWD”) #C078400 at time of reservation.
For Budget rentals, visit budget.com/tdcreditcards or call 1-800-268-2900 to reserve. Quote Budget Customer Discount (“BCD”) #A331700 at time of reservation.
Optional TD Auto Club Membership8
With optional Deluxe or Standard TD Auto Club Membership, you and your family will enjoy peace of mind knowing that in the event of a road emergency, help is just a phone call away. For information and to enroll, call 1-800-245-0297.
Delayed/Lost Baggage Insurance9
If your baggage is delayed more than six hours, each covered person is covered for up to $1,000 CDN for emergency purchases of essentials, such as clothing and sundry items. Should baggage be lost or stolen, each covered person on your trip is covered for up to $1,000 CDN.
Flight/Trip Delay Insurance10
Take the stress out of travel delays by purchasing scheduled flights with your Card. If your trip is delayed more than four hours, you are covered for up to $500 CDN for reasonable and eligible hotel, motel or restaurant expenses.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance10
Charge your fare to your Card and you, as the Primary Cardholder, your spouse and dependent children are insured for up to $500,000 while travelling on a common carrier (for example, a bus, ferry, plane or train).
Emergency Travel Assistance Services11
Help is just a call away. Toll-free access to help in the event of a personal emergency while travelling. Call 1-800-871-8334.
Auto Rental Collision/ Loss Damage12
Simply use your Card and/or Aeroplan Miles to cover the full cost of a car rental, and get the Collision Damage Waiver coverage at no additional cost for up to 48 consecutive days.
Optional Travel Medical Insurance13
Enjoy the security that comes with Optional Travel Medical Insurance. When you're on a trip, the last thing you want to be concerned about is your medical coverage. Going out of province or country, Travel Medical Insurance covers you for eligible medical expenses so you can enjoy your trip. Choose between Annual Plan coverage (the best value for frequent travellers) which includes Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation coverages, or Per Trip coverage for occasional travellers.
Visa payWave* Technology
Visa payWave is the secure, convenient, “contactless” way to pay for small-dollar purchases at participating retailers. It’s faster and more convenient than cash - and your Card never leaves your hand.
24-hour instant cash and Account access
With your TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card, you have access to:
- Instant Cash Advances, subject to your available credit limit, at over one million ATMs worldwide, at all TD Canada Trust branches and at select financial institutions around the world.
- The flexibility and freedom to manage your Account, your way, through Green Machine ATMs, EasyWeb Internet banking, EasyLine telephone banking and your wireless phone – download the TD mobile app for immediate, secure access to TD’s mobile banking service (td.com/app).
- You can use our balance transfer service to consolidate your debts from other non-TD Credit Cards, quickly and easily to your TD Credit Card.
- Just transfer the balance from your other non-TD Credit Cards to your TD Credit Card in real time.
- By doing this you can keep track of your expenses with one monthly payment as opposed to multiple payments.
Visa Zero Liability
Visa Zero Liability helps protect you in the event that fraudulent unauthorized transactions are made on your TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card. Use your Card to shop anywhere – whether on the Internet or in stores – and know you’re protected from unauthorized use of your Card. See your enclosed Cardholder Agreement for details regarding unauthorized transactions.
Advanced Chip & PIN Technology
Your TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card further protects the security of your Card transactions through use of a microchip embedded in the Card, which can only be accessed through your Personal Identification Number (“PIN”). When making a purchase, instead of signing for it, you enter your Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) into the merchant’s terminal, just as you would with a debit card. With chip and PIN technology, you’ll have added protection against unauthorized use if your Card is lost or stolen.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection9
You automatically have access to Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection, covering personal items you’ve purchased with your Card, should they be stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase. If the item comes with a warranty, you may be entitled to double the warranty period for up to 12 additional months.
Optional Balance Protection insurance14
Optional Balance Protection insurance products are designed to assist in managing your credit obligations on your TD Credit Card(s) in the event of your Involuntary Unemployment, Loss of Self-Employment Income, Disability Requiring Hospitalization, Total Disability, Dismemberment, Critical Illness or Death. To learn more about optional Balance Protection insurance products, call 1-866-315-9069 or visit tdcanadatrust.com/BP.