Learn about Canadian Credit Cards
We have a range of credit card products to meet your needs
We offer a range of Credit Cards to meet your needs.
Using a Credit Card responsibly and paying it off on time are ways to help build your credit history. With a positive credit history, it will be easier to borrow money to buy a car, a home, or open a business.
- Protection against fraudulent charges
- Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection1
There are a number of different reward programs on select TD Credit Cards, such as cash back rewards and travel rewards
We’ve been serving newcomers to Canada
for over 100 years
When you bank with TD, your money and personal information are always protected.
More than 1,150 branches — open later and longer than other Canadian banks, with 400 open on Sundays2
Get service in more than 200 languages.
Our New to Canada package
Our package for newcomers to Canada includes the opportunity to apply for a Credit Card.
When you visit a TD branch, you’ll need to bring 2 pieces of identification:
(1) One of the following documents:
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of permanent residence (IMM Form 5292)
- Temporary Permit (IMM Form 1442, 1208, 1102)
(2) One of the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Canadian Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Government Identification card
Other identification documents may be acceptable or required. Please visit a TD branch for details.
To qualify for the New to Canada banking package:
- You are either a Permanent Resident or Temporary Resident of Canada for 2 years or less
- You provide proof of your status through your Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Permit.
- You have never opened or held a TD Chequing Account
- You are the age of majority in your Province or Territory of Residence.
1Underwritten by TD Home and Auto Insurance Company. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance included with your TD Credit Cardholder Agreement
2Individual branch hours vary.
You ask, we answer