Whether you're paying rent5 or splitting a bill, Interac e-Transfer helps make it easy to send money to a person or business with an email address or mobile number and a bank account at a Canadian financial institution.2
- Fast: Recipients are typically notified by email or text message within one minute1 that you've sent or requested money using Interac e-Transfer, and can deposit the money to their account at a Canadian financial institution2
- Convenient: Send or request money anytime through EasyWeb or with the TD app3, to anyone with an email address or mobile number and a bank account at a Canadian financial institution2,4
- Secure: When you send money, it is sent directly from your TD account to the recipient’s and your account information stays protected
Autodeposit and Request Money
Autodeposit – An easier
way to receive money
Set up Autodeposit using your email address and your preferred Canadian dollar bank account, and money sent by Interac e-Transfer can be automatically deposited into that account6. No security question needed.
Request Money – A convenient
way to request money
Interac e-Transfer Request Money helps make it easy for people to pay you. Recipients are notified of your request through email or text message, and they can pay you through their own participating Canadian financial institution2 using Interac e-Transfer. If the recipient accepts your request, you're notified once the money is deposited directly into the TD bank account you choose4.
Use Request Money as a reminder for a friend to pay you back, or include an invoice number as a convenient way for customers to pay you!
Interac e-Transfer Fees
There is no transfer fee to use either Send Money or Request Money with the following accounts:
- TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan
- TD Unlimited Chequing Account
- TD Every Day Chequing Account4
- TD Student Chequing Account4
There are Transfer fees to use either Send Money or Request Money with all other accounts:
- Up to and including $100 : $0.504
- Over $100: $1.004