TD has a bank account for your daily needs
Once you’ve arrived, you will need a safe and secure place to keep your money. In Canada, most people have a “chequing account” as their everyday bank account. A chequing account is an account that you can use for most of your daily transactions.
- Withdraw money as often as you like at any TD branch or ATM (automated bank machine)
- Secure phone and online banking
- Pay bills, shop online or make in-store purchases worldwide with your TD Access Card (bank card)
- Mobile banking
- Make deposits
- Receive free online statements
- Send money safely and securely with TD money transfer service
When you visit a TD branch, you’ll need to bring 2 pieces of identification:
1. One of the following documents:
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of permanent residence (e.g., IMM Form 5292)
- Temporary Permit (e.g., IMM Form 1442, 1208, 1102)
2. One of the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Canadian Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Government Identification card
Other identification documents may be acceptable or required. Please visit a TD branch for details.
We have the products and services to meet your needs
Overdraft protection1 gives you the peace of mind of knowing you are covered for occasional cash shortfalls in your chequing account – up to an approved overdraft limit.
Banking online is convenient, safe and secure with EasyWeb Internet banking. We make it easy for you to learn about online banking with our online tours and demos.
The TD Access Card is a chip-enabled debit card. That means you can use it to pay for purchases and access your TD bank accounts. But you can also use it to shop securely online, or at stores around the world.
Cross-Border Banking services can help make your U.S. banking easier with convenient access to your accounts online, or at one of nearly 1,300 TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank locations in the United States.
Safety deposit boxes are a secure place to store valuables. In some cases, the annual fee for a small safety deposit box may be included when you open an eligible bank account, if available at your branch.
Our New to Canada package
Our package for newcomers to Canada includes a chequing account.
To qualify for the New to Canada banking package: