Moving to Canada
We’ve been serving newcomers to Canada for more than 100 years.
You can open your TD bank account before you arrive in Canada
- If you live in North China, call 10800-714-1820
- From South China, call 10800-140-1852
- From India, you can call collect to 416-351-0613
- If you are calling from a North American location, call 1-855-537-5355
- More than 200 languages.
- ATM (automated bank machine) service in English, French, Chinese, Italian and Portuguese.
- Telephone banking available in Mandarin and Cantonese.
- When you bank with TD, your money and personal information are always protected.
- Our Online Security Guarantee protects you from theft or losses from unauthorized online banking activity.
- When you use your TD Credit Card, with Zero Liability protection from either Visa or MasterCard (as applicable), you are protected against unauthorized transactions.1
Using a credit card responsibly can help you build a positive Canadian credit history. This can help when you need to borrow money to buy a car, or a home, or to open your own business.
Did you know?
With a chequing account, personal cheques are included as a convenient alternative to using cash, and they are often used to pay for things like rent and school trips.
When you visit a TD branch, you’ll need to bring 2 pieces of identification:
1. One of the following documents:
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of permanent residence (e.g., IMM Form 5292)
- Temporary Permit (e.g., IMM Form 1442, 1208, 1102)
2. One of the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Canadian Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Government Identification card
Other identification documents may be acceptable or required. Please visit a TD branch for details.