TD® Aeroplan® Visa Platinum* Card
Interest: Cash Advances
It's easy to earn and redeem Aeroplan Miles
Earn 1 mile5 mile for every $1 you charge to your Card on eligible gas, grocery and drugstore Purchases, and on eligible aircanada.com Purchases.
Earn 1 mile6 for every $1 you charge to your Card on all other Purchases.
Earn miles twice3 when you pay with your TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card and present your Aeroplan Membership Card participating retailers and the Aeroplan eStore.
Your Aeroplan Miles don't expire, as long as you are a TD Aeroplan Credit Cardholder.
Cover Taxes, Fees and Surcharges
When you redeem Aeroplan Miles for an Aeroplan Flight Reward, you have the flexibility to use your miles to cover the taxes, fees and surcharges associated with your flight reward booking7. Learn More
How many Aeroplan Miles will I get in the first year?
Aeroplan Miles in your first year
† This chart is for illustrative purposes only. Welcome Bonus applies only in the first year. **In case of a discrepancy between the mileage redemption amount shown above and displayed on aeroplan.com, the aeroplan.com mileage level displayed shall apply. Flight rewards are defined as Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards operated by Air Canada. All rewards shown above are subject to change and availability on aeroplan.com
See more Card benefits &
Travel more comfortably knowing your Card protects you.
- Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance11
- Flight/Trip Delay Insurance12
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance12
- Emergency Travel Assistance Services13
- Auto Rental Collision/ Loss Damage Insurance14
- Optional Travel Medical Insurance18
- Avis Rent-A-Car9 And Budget Rent-A-Car9 preferred rates
- Guaranteed Hotel Reservations
- Optional TD Auto Club Membership10
No matter where you shop, make your transactions more secure
Visa Zero Liability
Shop online and in person securely with Visa Zero Liability – included free with your Card.
Advanced Chip & PIN technology
Your TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card further protects the security of your Card transactions through use of a microchip embedded in the Card. With chip and PIN technology, you’ll have added protection against unauthorized use if your Card is lost or stolen.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection17
You automatically have access to Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection, covering most new personal items you’ve purchased with your Card, should they be stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase. If the item comes with a warranty, you may be entitled to double the warranty period for up to 12 additional months.
Verified by Visa*
Verified by Visa* provides you with increased security and convenience when you shop online.
The Aeroplan Program is a coalition loyalty marketing program owned and operated by Aimia Canada Inc. Visit aeroplan.com for complete terms and conditions of the Aeroplan Program. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for the Aeroplan Program.
- Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan Miles (“Welcome Bonus Miles”) will be awarded to the Aeroplan Member account associated with the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account.
To receive the additional 5,000 Aeroplan Miles, you must also: (a) apply for an Account between September 3, 2016, and December 2, 2016; and (b) make $1,000 in Purchases on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account approval.
To receive the additional 5,000 Aeroplan Miles you must also (a) Add an Authorized User between September 3, 2016, and December 2, 2016; (b) Authorized User must call and activate their Card by January 16, 2017, and (c) your Account must be in good standing at the time this 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles is awarded. You can have a maximum of three (3) Authorized Users on your Account but you will only receive 1 (one) 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles offer. Annual Fee for each Authorized User Card added to the Account will apply. The Primary Cardholder is responsible for all charges to the Account, including those made by any Authorized User. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for these offers. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of miles awarded to any one person. Please allow 8 weeks after the conditions for each offer are fulfilled for the miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Member account. Offers may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise specified. These miles are not eligible for Aeroplan status.
- Based on a comparison of 2015 Aeroplan Flight Reward bookings against actual market base fares and leading financial institutions’ travel rewards programs’ terms and conditions.
- This feature is available at over 150 Aeroplan Partner brands and 100 online retailers through Aeroplan’s eStore. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is not responsible for any Aeroplan Miles under this “earn miles twice” feature of the Aeroplan Program when the Aeroplan Membership Card is presented. See your Aeroplan Program for full details. Feature may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer
- For the full details on Insurance coverages/benefits, as well as limitations and exclusions, please refer to the certificate of insurance included with your TD Credit Cardholder Agreement
- 1 Bonus Aeroplan Mile (“Bonus Rate”) is earned on each $1.00 in Purchases of gas, groceries or drugstore products/ services charged to your TD Aeroplan Credit Card Account (“Account”). Any returned items, refunds, rebates or other similar credits will reduce or cancel the Aeroplan Miles earned on the original Purchase. To earn this Bonus Rate, Purchases of gas, groceries and drugstore products/services must be made at merchants classified through the Visa network with a Merchant Category Code ("MCC") that identifies them in the “gas”, “grocery”, or “drugstore” category. Some merchants may sell gas, groceries or drugstore products/services, or have separate merchants located on their premises that also sell gas, groceries or drugstore products/services, but may not be classified with a gas, grocery, or drugstore MCC and such Purchases will not earn this Bonus Rate. If you have questions about the MCC that applies to a Purchase, contact TD at 1-800-983-8472. Bonus Rate is only available on the first $80,000 in net annual Purchases of gas, groceries, and drugstore products/services. Once the maximum net annual amount has been reached, Purchases of gas, groceries or drugstore products/services on the Account will not earn the Bonus Rate but will only earn Aeroplan Miles at the standard rate that applies to all other Purchases on the Account. This Bonus Rate offer is in place of and not in addition to the standard rate earned on all other Purchases made on your Account. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer
- 1 Aeroplan Mile is earned on each $1.50 in Purchases charged to your TD Aeroplan Credit Card Account ("Account"). Credit for returned items, refunds, rebates or other similar credits will reduce or cancel the Aeroplan Miles earned by the amount originally charged to your Account. Fees, Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers, Cash-Like Transactions and TD Visa Cheques), interest charges, optional services, refunds, rebates or other similar credits do not earn Aeroplan Miles. Please see the Aeroplan Terms for Your TD Credit Card section of the Cardholder Agreement for complete details on Aeroplan Miles earned on Purchases (a copy of your Cardholder Agreement is available at http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/tdvisa/agreements).
- Use of Aeroplan Miles to cover taxes, fees charges and carrier surcharges associated with a flight reward booking (“Taxes, Fees and Surcharges”) is in addition to the Aeroplan Miles required to redeem for an Aeroplan flight reward. Mileage levels required for the redemption of Taxes, Fees and Surcharges may change without notice. Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply when using Aeroplan Miles to cover applicable Taxes, Fees and Surcharges. For full details please visit aeroplan.com/flightrewardtermsandconditions
- Provided by Avis Rent-A-Car System LLC. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer subject to other terms and conditions
- Provided by Budget Rent-A-Car System, Inc. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer subject to other terms and conditions
- TD Auto Club Membership is provided by AXA Assistance Canada Inc., an independent third party service provider. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates accept no responsibility or liability in respect of these services
- Underwritten by TD Home and Auto Insurance Company. To be eligible for this coverage, your trip must be paid for in full using your TD Credit Card and/or associated Aeroplan Miles. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions that are fully described in the certificate of insurance included with your TD Credit Card Cardholder Agreement
- Underwritten by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch). Details of insurance benefits, including terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions are outlined in the certificate of insurance included with your TD Credit Cardholder Agreement
- Provided by our Administrator under a service agreement with TD Life Insurance Company. This is not an insurance benefit but assistance services only
- Underwritten by TD Home and Auto Insurance Company. Rentals must be charged in full to the Card and/or associated Aeroplan Miles, cannot exceed 48 consecutive days and the rental agency’s Collision Damage Waiver coverage must be declined by the Cardholder. Refer to the Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance section of your TD Credit Card Cardholder Agreement for rental exclusions and further details
- All TD Canada Trust customers including TD Credit Cardholders are eligible to apply for optional Travel Medical Insurance underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. Some applications are subject to underwriting. Medical and claims assistance, claims payment and administrative services are provided by our Administrator. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions, including a pre-existing condition exclusion, that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance which is issued if accepted for enrollment. Travel Medical Insurance can be purchased at any branch or call 1-800-293-4941,or visit www.tdcanadatrust.com. Note that this optional insurance offers different benefits, on different terms and conditions, than the Travel Medical Insurance that is automatically included with other TD Credit Cards
- Life, Accidental Death at 66 and Critical Illness coverages are underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida and Involuntary Unemployment, Total Disability, Disability Requiring Hospitalization and Loss of Self-Employment Income coverages are underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. Dismemberment coverage is underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. The Toronto-Dominion Bank receives a fee from each insurer with respect to premium collection. Complete terms of coverage are in the Certificate of Insurance you will receive upon enrollment. Eligibility requirements, limitations and exclusions apply, and vary by benefit
All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
TM Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge and Air Canada Rouge are trademarks of Air Canada, used under license
® Air Canada, Air Canada express, and Air Canada Rouge are trademarks of Air Canada, used under license
TM Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards and Market Fare Flight Rewards are trademarks of Aimia Canada Inc.
® The Aeroplan logo and Aeroplan, are registered trademarks of Aimia Canada Inc.
® The TD logo and other trade-marks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank
Annual interest rates, fees and features are subject to change.