Whether you're in business now, planning a start up, or buying a small business, it's easier than ever to get the loan you need to expand your operations or purchase or improve your fixed assets. You can also use your loan to finance a renewable energy project that supplements your business’ energy use. With a CSBFL, you, TD Canada Trust and the Federal Government work together to finance your renewable project.
- Loan amounts available up to $500,000.
- Financing available for up to 90% of the "Eligible Costs" of assets financed.
- Monthly payment frequency with a choice of terms, and up to 10 years amortization.
- Competitive fixed and floating interest rates available.
- Personal guarantee for up to 25% of the original loan amount, plus interest costs is required.
- Loan may only be used for certain purposes.
- One time Federal Government registration fee of 2% of the loan amount. This amount may be included in the amount borrowed.
Federal Government Fees
- a 2% CSBF Loan registration fee, payable when your loan is registered. This fee can be included as part of your loan.
- a 1.25% CSBF Loan annual administration fee-calculated and included as part of your loan interest.
Do You Qualify Under the CSBF Program.
Here is a list of some of the government's requirements for a CSBF loan.
- Your business operates or is about to operate in Canada.
- Your business annual gross revenue is less than $5 million in the year you apply.
- Your business is for profit and is not a farm, charity or religious enterprise.
- The assets purchased or improved must be used in your business.
For more information about government requirements, click here to visit the Industry Canada web site. For more information about the qualifications or if you wish to apply for the CSBF, please visit your local TD Canada Trust Branch.