A partner in your community
Our Community/Not-For-Profit Plans are designed to support the organizations that make a difference in our local communities. One of our flexible Service Plans can help you minimize fees and manage your finances more effectively.
You have two ways to open an account:
At any TD Canada Trust branch or simply by calling us at
(7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. EST 7 days a week).
Choose from two Service Plans
We offer two plans – the Community Plan and the Community Plan Plus – to suit the specific needs of these organizations. Each plan includes:
- Reduced monthly service plan fees
- Business Overdraft Protection, available with a monthly fee rebate1
- The opportunity to pay no monthly plan fee on your chequing account when your daily balance is greater than or equal to the required amount throughout the month
- The convenience of banking using both in-branch and automated services
- The flexibility to choose a U.S. Dollar account Service Plan
The Community Plan is designed for smaller community organizations. This plan may suit your organization if you have minimal and/or seasonal account activity.
Community Plan Plus
The Community Plan Plus is designed for larger community and not-for-profit organizations. This plan may be right for your organization if you have a higher level of monthly activity and require banking services more like those required by a small business.
Please consult the chart below to compare the plans and decide which one is right for you.
|What’s included each month?|
|Service Plan* Options||Monthly Plan Fee||Transactions||Deposit Items||Cash Deposits||Fee Rebate with Balance of|
|Community Plan Plus||$4.95||30||30||$5,000||$10,000|
|For additional activity||n/a||$1 each||$0.22 each||$2.50 per $1,000||n/a|
- Withdrawals, transfers, bill payments and deposits at any TD Canada Trust branch or at Green Machine ATM
- In-branch night deposits
- Telephone operator-assisted transactions, including bill payments
- Telephone automated transfers and bill payments
- Web transfers, bill payments and Interac® Online purchases
- Debit payment in Canada and the U.S.2
- Cheques, pre-authorized payments and automated transfers
- Deposit items are cheques, money orders, drafts and all other clearing items. Additional fee of $8.00 per uncounted batch3 of deposit items applies at the branch.
- Cash Deposits are paper currency and coins, rounded to the nearest dollar.
Business Overdraft Protection
- Helps protect your Business Chequing Account against temporary cashflow shortfalls up to your approved limit4. Get more information.
- Includes free online statements with cheque images, archived for seven years (from the time you sign up), or choose to receive a month-end paper statement at no additional cost.
No-charge transactions (unlimited for all plans)
- All debit card and credit card Point-of-Sale Terminal deposits that are electronically credited to a TD Canada Trust Business Chequing Account
- Green Machine ATM and EasyWeb Internet banking electronic inquiries
- Mobile banking electronic inquiries
- EasyLine telephone banking automated inquiries
- Your monthly Plan Fee will be rebated when the required balance is greater than or equal to the required amount throughout the month.
Other Service Plans to meet your needs
We’re making a difference
TD donated more than $66 million to charities and not-for-profit organizations in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. in 2011, including $41 million in Canada.
We also make a difference in our communities through hands-on volunteering by employees, community partnerships, sharing our resources and expertise, and community sponsorships.
Learn more about what TD is doing in our communities.
Cheque deposit options with TD are fast, easy and convenient
For more information about your business banking account:
1Business Overdraft Protection is available only on Canadian dollar accounts. Subject to complying with TD Canada Trust lending policies and criteria.
2Included in the currency exchange cost will be a conversion fee which is calculated by adding an additional 250 basis points to the interbank U.S. Dollar exchange rate. For example, on a purchase of $10 US with an exchange rate of 1.3, the transaction amount will be $13.25 CDN ($10 x 1.325).
3Uncounted Batch is a group of cheques, money orders, drafts and other clearing items where the total number of items has not been provided to the teller on an itemized deposit slip. (To avoid this charge, always count the number of items when making a deposit.)
4Subject to complying with TD Canada Trust lending policies and criteria.