TD Mobile App – FAQ Answers
- 1. How do I download the TD mobile app?
iPhone & iPod touch
The TD mobile app can be downloaded via the Canadian iTunes website or by touching the App Store icon on your iPhone or iPod touch.
From iPhone or iPod touch:
- 1. Touch App Store
- 2. Search TD
- 3. Select TD from the list
- 4. Touch FREE
- 5. Touch INSTALL
- 6. Enter your iTunes password to download to your Home screen
From Canadian iTunes website: In the iTunes Store, select the App Store> Search TD > Select FREE > Select INSTALL > enter iTunes password to download to your computer. Then, connect your iPhone/iPodtouch to sync.
The TD mobile app can be downloaded via a BlackBerry device with App World installed (BlackBerry OS 4.2 or higher required) – if you aren’t sure what your OS is, see question 23 or the TD website for instructions how to figure it out.
From BlackBerry App World:
- 1. Select BlackBerry App World
- 2. Select Categories
- 3. Select Finance
- 4. Select Financial Services
- 5. Select TD from the list
- 6. Select Download
From your BlackBerry web browser: Key in the appropriate URL below and follow the step-by-step instructions:
Note: The TD mobile app is not available on older BlackBerry devices with a trackwheel side scroll (e.g., BB models 7130e or 8703e).
On your Android device:
- 1. Select the Android Market icon
- 2. Select the Apps category
- 3. Select Finance and press the search icon
- 4. Type in “TD”
- 5. From the list, select TD
- 6. Press Install
- 7. Select OK
- 2. Is the TD mobile app available in multiple languages?
The TD mobile app is currently available in English and French only.
- 3. Is the TD mobile app secure?
Yes, you can be confident that using the TD mobile app is safe and secure, protecting the confidentiality of customer account information and the integrity of all transactions. TD is committed to protecting the security of your account information when you transact online or through our mobile app. We have extensive security features to ensure that you can conduct your transaction in a safe and private online or mobile environment.
The TD mobile app is also backed by our Online Security Guarantee, which is your assurance that you will receive 100% reimbursement in the unlikely event account losses occur as a result of unauthorized mobile activity.
- 4. TD Mobile IdentificationPlus features
Transacting on our mobile app is just as safe and easy as transacting online from your computer. We offer TD Mobile IdentificationPlus, a security feature that provides enhanced protection when you bank with our iPhone, Android or Blackberry apps. When you are presented with a security question, simply use the matching answer you provided when you set up EasyWeb or WebBroker IdentificationPlus. Read more frequently asked questions about IdentificationPlus
- 5. What can I do to protect my security and privacy?
Just as when you transact online from your computer, there are some simple steps you should take to ensure the security of your information and protect your privacy when you use the TD mobile app.
- 1. Protect your EasyWeb or WebBroker password. It is your key to accessing your accounts. Do not reveal it to anyone.
- 2. Memorize your EasyWeb or WebBroker password. Never store it on your mobile device and don’t write it on paper that you keep near your phone or carry with you.
- 3. Memorize your EasyWeb or WebBroker IdentificationPlus answers. They will be used to validate your identity on the TD mobile app. Never store them on your mobile device and don’t write them on paper that you keep near your phone or carry with you.
- 4. Do not choose passwords that incorporate your name, telephone number, address, or birthday, or those of any close friend or relative.
- 5. Never leave your mobile device unattended while using the TD mobile app.
- 6. What happens if I lose my phone?
If your phone is lost or stolen, it is unlikely that someone could access your account information unless they also know your TD Canada Trust Access Card Number or WebBroker Connect ID and password. However, to be safe, you should contact TD as soon as possible by calling 1-866-222-3456 for TD Canada Trust customers or 1-800-667-6299 for WebBroker customers.
- 7. Will the TD mobile app save my EasyWeb or WebBroker password?
The TD mobile app will not save passwords entered to log in to the mobile services. However, you can select the “Remember My Access Card Number or Connect ID” field to save your Access Card Number or Connect ID making it faster and easier for future logins.
- 8. Once logged in to the TD mobile app, can I see a consolidated view of my TD Canada Trust and TD Waterhouse accounts?
You can see a consolidated view of your TD Canada Trust and TD Waterhouse accounts on the TD mobile app as long as they are linked to the same Connect ID.
If you would like to see a consolidated view of your TD Canada Trust and TD Waterhouse account information using one Connect ID or Access Card Number, please contact us at 1-800-667-6299.
- 9. Once logged in to the TD mobile app, can I log in to WebBroker online at the same time?
No. If you try to log in to WebBroker while logged in to the TD mobile app, you will be automatically logged out of the TD mobile app.
View and Pay Bills and Interac e-Transfer:
- 10. Can I add a new payee for bill payments via the TD mobile app?
The ability to add new bill payment payee is currently unavailable within the TD mobile app. To add a new bill payee, please log in to EasyWeb and follow the current online process.
To add a personal payee, please call us at 1-866-222-3456
- 11. Can I send an Interac e-Transfer via the TD mobile app?
Yes, you can send, receive, and view/cancel pending Interac e-Transfers with the TD mobile app.
- 12. Can I add a new Interac e-Transfer recipient via the TD mobile app ?
The ability to add a new Interac e-Transfer recipient is currently unavailable with the TD mobile app. To add, delete, or edit a new Interac e-Transfer recipient, please go to EasyWeb and follow the current online process.
- 13. How does the “Locations” feature work?
Touch Locations to search for branches or ATMs based on your current location or to search for a specific location.
The “Locations” feature allows you to locate TD Canada Trust branches or ATMs and TD Waterhouse Investor Centres within Canada or TD Bank stores and ATMs in the U.S. You will be presented with a Map View or List View of the 20 closest locations. Touch each one for directions, phone numbers, and hours of operation.
Note: BlackBerry OS 4.2 devices will have a basic version of the TD mobile app that does not allow for your device to auto-detect your location. You will need to key in the location you are searching for to validate the location — if you aren’t sure what your OS is, see question 23 for instructions how to figure it out.
- 14. Can I place trade orders using this app?
Yes, you can place trades for Canadian and US equities and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) in your TD Waterhouse account.
- 15. Are my watchlists on the TD mobile app synchronized with my Portfolio Manager on the WebBroker Markets and Research site?
Yes, the watchlists on the TD mobile app are synchronized with the watchlists stored in your Portfolio Manager on the WebBroker Markets and Research site. Any watchlist symbols deleted on the TD mobile app will result in the symbol being deleted from your Portfolio Manager on the WebBroker Markets and Research site, along with all the related transactions.
- 16. I don’t have a smartphone. Can I still use the mobile offering at TD?
You can log in to the optimized banking website on any Internet-enabled wireless device to access your consolidated financial portfolio. Type in or bookmark www.td.com/w to log in to the existing TD Canada Trust mobile banking service.
- 17. How do I get updates to the latest version of the TD mobile app?
When updates for the TD mobile app are available, you will be notified via your device application download portal (i.e., Apple App Store, BlackBerry App World or Android Market).
For customers who download the BlackBerry version of the TD mobile app via our website:
- 1. You will receive a message when you log in that a new update is available.
- 2. Follow the instructions to update the TD mobile app.
- 18. What devices are supported?
|iPhone||(3G, 3GS, 4) with OS 3.1.3+|
|iPod Touch||OS 3.2 or 4.0|
|BlackBerry*||88xx Series (8800, 8820, 8830)|
|Curve Series (8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8350, 8520, 8530, 8900)|
|Bold Series (9000, 9700)|
|Tour Series (9630)|
|Storm series (9500, 9520, 9530, 9550)|
|Android||All Android devices, OS 1.5+|
- 19. Where can I direct customers calling about TD Canada Trust or TD Waterhouse options on the TD mobile app?
- I TD Canada Trust
- 1-866-222-3456 (English) or 1-800-895-4463 (French)
- II TD Waterhouse
- 1. Electronic Brokerage Services Help Desk – 1-800-667-6299 (English/French and Cantonese/Mandarin)
- 2. To open a brokerage account
- 1-866-280-2022 (English) or 1-866-280-2026 (French)
- 3. To obtain market quotes or place trades in English, French, Cantonese, or Mandarin
- 1-800-465-5463 (English) or 1-800-361-2684 (French)
Device Specific Questions:
iPhoneand iPod touch
- 20. Can I use the TD mobile app on my iPod touch?
Yes, you are able to use the TD mobile app on your iPod touch. Download the app through the App Store icon or via the Canadian iTunes website.
- 21. How do I determine my BlackBerry OS version?
If your phone is running version 4.2 or later, go to the Options menu and then choose About.