Use your TD Access Card when
Your TD Access Card provides you access to your TD Canada Trust bank account, plus it can be used to make debit purchases in-store, online & around the world.
Payments are always made directly from your
Features and Benefits
Make everyday purchases with Interac Flash
- Everyday convenience – pay for in-store purchases quickly and securely with
Interac Flash at participating retailers. Simply hold it up to the terminal – no need to swipe or insert your TD Access Card.
- Flash spend limits – for your protection, a PIN is required for every $100 you spend in single or multiple purchases.
Shop online and around the world with Visa Debit
- Shop online – you can use your TD Access Card to shop for clothing, movies, travel, and much more at your favourite online retailers or telephone shopping retailers using the Visa Debit feature on your TD Access Card.
- A simple process – select Visa Debit as your payment method (if you don't see that option, select Visa), type in your 16-digit card number, expiry date, and 3-digit security (CVV2) number on the back, and pay directly from your TD Canada Trust bank account.
- Visa Checkout – sign up for Visa Checkout, a service available from Visa that allows you to pay and checkout quickly.1 It's available anywhere you see the Visa Checkout logo. Learn more about Visa Checkout
- Worldwide acceptance – take your card with you when you travel! The Visa Debit feature lets you shop in-store wherever Visa is accepted in over 200 countries
Your payments are safe and secure
Shop with your TD Access Card knowing you are protected in the unlikely event of unauthorized activity on your account. Want to know more about the security elements built into your TD Access Card? Find out what makes your Card secure in the Security Features section below.
Your TD Access Card gives you secure access to your TD Canada Trust bank accounts. No one can access your accounts without your unique TD Access Card number and your confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN), EasyLine PhoneCode or EasyWeb password.
TD Access Cards have an embedded microchip that stores information in a secure, encrypted format. This prevents unauthorized users to copy or access the information on your card when using chip-enabled terminals or ATMs.
Your TD Access Card comes with a pre-assigned and confidential four-digit PIN for debit and ATM transactions. We recommend that you change this to a PIN of your own choice that is at least four digits long.
Change your PIN at any time
- You can change your PIN at your TD branch. After verifying your identity, the branch will help you select a new PIN. If you forget your PIN, you must visit a branch to receive a new one.
- You can also change your PIN at any Green Machine ATM location.
Always protect your PIN
- Memorize your PIN. Never keep a record of your PIN near your TD Access Card.
- Avoid choosing a PIN that might be easily guessed (such as your birthday, phone number or address).
- Don’t tell anyone your PIN.
- When entering your PIN, take precautions to keep it from the view of others.
If you plan to use your TD Access Card at ATMs internationally (using Visa's PLUS network), it is recommended that your PIN be at least 4 digits long and that the TD Canada Trust accounts you wish to access be connected to the Chequing button. Find a PLUS ATM at your next destination.
*The Plus Network is operated by Visa International who is responsible for ensuring all member banks are compliant with current standards to allow withdrawals by all PLUS cardholders.
Verified by Visa: Verified by Visa is an added layer of security for online transactions. It uses personal passwords which you set up when you sign up for the free service. Participating online merchants will ask you to enter your password during checkout. Sign up here for Verified by Visa.
Visa Zero Liability: Visa Zero Liability applies to all online and international transactions. Should your TD Access Card become compromised, you will not be held liable as long as you have met your obligations as outlined in the Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions. You are automatically protected – and no additional sign-up is required.
Interac Zero Liability: Interac Zero Liability applies to transactions completed using Interac Flash. Should your TD Access Card become compromised, you will not be held liable for unauthorized Interac Flash transactions as long as you have met your obligations as outlined in the Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions.
If your TD Access Card is lost or stolen, call 1-866-222-3456 or go to your nearest TD Canada Trust branch immediately to obtain a replacement card.
Note: The use of your TD Access Card is governed by the terms of the Financial Services Agreement and Cardholder and Electronic Financial Services Terms and Conditions.Please be sure to check your TD Canada Trust bank account on a regular basis to verify that you made the Access Card transactions that are shown. This can be done through statements you receive by mail or on EasyWeb.
1 The Visa Checkout service is made available through Visa. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for the service including any offers made available to you through the service.
For Visa Debit purchases at merchants outside of Canada, the transaction amount will be converted to Canadian dollars based on the foreign exchange rate charged to TD Canada Trust and will include an additional fee equal to 2.5% of the converted amount.