Apply Now or call 1-800-983-8472
How to earn TD Points
Earn 3 TD Points
- for every $1 you spend on Purchases using your Card (equivalent to a 1.5% return on your purchase)2.
Earn 4 TD Points
- when you book travel over the phone through either Expedia® For TD or the TD Travel Rewards Centre (that’s a 2% return on your travel purchases!)2.
Earn 6 TD Points
- when you book travel online through Expedia® For TD (that’s a 3% return on your travel purchases!)2.
How to redeem TD Points
You can also choose to book and redeem with The TD Travel Rewards Centre at 1-855-236-2300.
Purchase your trip or travel-related expenses (accommodation, car rentals, park passes, etc.) anywhere you find a travel deal – directly from any airline or through a travel agency – and redeem your TD Points within 90 days of your travel purchase online through tdrewards.com or by calling 1-800-983-8472.
*This chart is for illustrative purposes only. Welcome Bonus applies only in the first year.
** Total TD Points and corresponding dollar value equivalent assumes no redemption of TD Points towards any travel purchases made during the year. TD Points must be redeemed in 10,000-point increments. 10,000 TD Points = $50 towards travel purchases.
Ways to Apply
Apply for a secured card
Secured credit cards can be a great way to help rebuild your credit.
Locate your local TD Canada Trust branch where you can find out more.
Establish your credit
If you are new to Canada a secured Credit Card can be a great way to help establish your credit.
Locate your local TD Canada Trust branch where you can find out more and apply today.
Frequently asked questions
Travel Medical Insurance available for purchase10
Enjoy the security that comes with Travel Medical Insurance. When you're on a trip, the last thing you want to be concerned about is your medical coverage. Going out of province or country, Travel Medical Insurance covers you for eligible medical expenses so you can enjoy your trip. Choose between Annual Plan coverage (the best value for frequent travellers) which includes Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation coverages, or Per Trip coverage for occasional travellers.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance7,9
You and your loved ones are automatically insured while travelling on a common carrier (train line, bus line, taxicab, cruise ship) whenever you charge the full cost of your transportation to your eligible TD Visa Card.
Emergency Travel Assistance Service11
- Medical referrals, consultation, monitoring and transportation to another medical facility, or medical payment assistance.
- Legal referrals and bail bond assistance.
- Emergency cash transfers (up to your available credit limit), transportation, replacement tickets and travel documents.
Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance7,8
- You and your family are insured for up to $1,000 if your checked baggage is lost or delayed by more than six hours from the time of arrival at your final destination.
- This includes the cost to replace essential items and the replacement cost of personal property that is not covered by the airline or other insurance if your checked baggage is never returned.
No-fee Travellers Cheques
- American Express® Travellers Cheques are welcomed at establishments around the world.
- As a TD Credit Cardholder, you're entitled to purchase any amount you need through participating TD Canada Trust branches - without paying the standard commission fees.
Priority Pass Membership Discount12
- Travel like a VIP with a Priority Pass membership.
- All TD Travel Credit Cardholders receive an annual discount on a Priority Pass membership, your key to 600 VIP airport lounges worldwide.
Auto Rental Collision/ Loss damage7,13
- Use your eligible TD Visa Card to charge the full cost of a car rental and the Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance program will cover you at no additional cost.
- This insurance coverage means you do not need to purchase the collision/loss damage insurance coverage offered by the car rental company.
Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car preferred rates14,15
- When you need a vehicle for business or pleasure, you can save 5% to 25% off the lowest available discountable time and mileage retail rate on qualifying rentals.
- This offer is valid at participating Avis® and Budget® locations worldwide when the rental is charged in full to your eligible TD Credit Card.
For these savings and to reserve your vehicle, visit
Optional TD Auto Club Membership16
Enjoy peace of mind on the road with:
- Deluxe TD Auto Club Membership16 includes all the benefits of the Standard TD Auto Club Plan plus traffic accident towing, emergency transportation car rental, emergency accommodation and meals, hazardous weather services, and many other features.
- $79 a year / $118 per couple
- Standard TD Auto Club Membership16 includes Emergency Road Services such as roadside assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- $59 a year
24-hour Cash Advance and Account access17
- With your TD Credit Card, and a Personal Identification Number (PIN) obtained at any TD Canada Trust branch, you have access to instant Cash Advances, subject to your available credit limit, at over 1 million automated teller machines (ATMs) worldwide and TD Canada Trust branches.
- You can call toll-free at 1-800-983-8472 whenever you want Account information or have questions regarding your TD Credit Card.
- With your TD Credit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN), you can also access your TD Credit Card Account balance and activity, make payments and withdrawals, and access your TD Canada Trust bank accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You can use our balance transfer services to consolidate your debts from other non-TD Credit Cards, quickly and easily to your TD Credit Card.
- Just transfer the balance from your other non-TD Credit Cards to your TD Credit Card in real time.
- By doing this you can keep track of your expenses with one monthly payment as opposed to multiple payments.
For more information, visit us at your nearest TD Canada Trust branch.
CardAssist Card Registry Service18
- Once enrolled with CardAssist, one call is all it takes if your Cards are lost or stolen.
- As soon as your call is received, CardAssist will contact each card-issuing institution, cancel the Cards on your behalf and request replacement Cards.
- You can call any time, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Chip & PIN technology
- TD Visa Cards with Chip and PIN technology provide an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- A required PIN makes it much more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the information on your TD Credit Card.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection7,8
- If an item you purchased in full with your TD Credit Card is stolen or damaged within 90 days, it may be replaced, repaired or you may be reimbursed for it.
- If the item comes with a manufacturer's warranty, you may be entitled to double the warranty period by up to 12 additional months.
Emergency Cash Advances17
- You can ask for an emergency Cash Advance in an amount determined by the type of TD Visa Card you have (subject to your available credit limit).
- Get up to $500 for the TD Platinum Travel Card