How to Apply or call 1-800-983-8472
up to TD Prime 12.75% p.a2
- You want to save on interest at a preferred low variable interest rate on both purchases and cash advance
- You want financial flexibility and access to credit at a low interest rate
- You want purchasing convenience worldwide and instant access to cash
- You want no Annual Fee for Authorized User Cards1
Benefits of this Card
Wherever you're headed on your next trip, know that you're covered.
Optional Travel Medical Insurance3
Enjoy the security that comes with Travel Medical Insurance. When you're on a trip, the last thing you want to be concerned about is your medical coverage. Going out of province or country, Travel Medical Insurance covers you for eligible medical expenses so you can enjoy your trip. Choose between Annual Plan coverage (the best value for frequent travellers) which includes Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation coverages, or Per Trip coverage for occasional travelers.
Receive special automotive benefits that help you get from A to B.
Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car preferred rates4,5
- Save 5% to 25% off the lowest available discountable time and mileage retail rate on qualifying car rentals from Avis and Budget when the rental is charged to your Card.
- For Avis rentals, visit avis.com/tdcreditcards or call 1-800-879-2847 to reserve. Quote Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) #C078400 at time of reservation.
- For Budget rentals, visit budget.com/tdcreditcards or call 1-800-268-2900 to reserve. Quote Budget Customer Discount (BCD) #A331700 at time of reservation .
Optional TD Auto Club Membership6
With optional Deluxe or Standard TD Auto Club Membership, you and your family will enjoy peace of mind knowing that in the event of a road emergency, help is just a phone call away. For information and to enroll, call 1-800-245-0297.
Convenient services that make your banking experience more comfortable.
- You can use our Balance Transfer service to consolidate your debts from other non-TD Credit Cards, quickly and easily to your TD Credit Card.
- Just transfer the balance from your other credit cards to your Emerald Visa Card in real time.
- By doing this you can keep track of your expenses with one monthly payment as opposed to multiple payments.
For more information, visit us at your nearest TD Canada Trust branch.
Search by Address, Intersection, City, Postal Code OR by Branch Number.
24-hour Cash and Account access8
With your TD Emerald Visa Card, you have access to:
- Instant Cash Advances, subject to your available credit limit, at over one million ATMs worldwide, at all TD Canada Trust branches and at select financial institutions around the world.
- The flexibility and freedom to manage your Account, your way, through Green Machine ATMs, EasyWeb Internet banking, EasyLine telephone banking and your wireless phone – download the TD mobile app for immediate, secure access to TD's mobile banking service (td.com/app).
To register for EasyWeb or EasyLine, call 1-866-222-3456.
Exclusive access to TDRewards.com
As a TD Credit Cardholder, you have exclusive access to TDRewards.com so you can treat yourself to more.
For added convenience after you open your TD Credit Card Account, you can arrange to have your TD Credit Card payments automatically withdrawn from your bank account at any Canadian financial institution. Simply choose whether you want to make your Minimum Payment or pay your balance in full each month and your payment will be withdrawn from your personal chequing or savings account on the Payment Due Date.
Visa payWave* Technology
A secure and easy contactless payment system for small dollar purchases that's faster and more convenient than paying with cash. Visa payWave can be faster than using cash and most Visa payWave transactions take only seconds to perform. When prompted, simply wave your chip-enabled TD Visa Card in front of the merchant terminal displaying the Visa payWave logo. When you hear the "beep", you're done! If you would like a receipt, you can request one from the merchant.
No matter where you shop, make your transactions more secure.
Chip & PIN technology
- TD Visa Cards with Chip and PIN technology provide an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- A required PIN makes it much more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the information on your TD Credit Card.
Emergency Cash Advances8
You can ask for an emergency Cash Advance up to $500 for TD Emerald Visa Card (subject to your available credit limit).
Verified by Visa
Verified by Visa provides you with increased security when you shop online.
Frequently asked questions
Annual interest rates, fees and features are current as of October 1, 2014 unless otherwise indicated and subject to change.
1 Primary Cardholder remains liable for all charges to the Account, including those made by any Authorized User.
2 The preferred variable annual interest rate is TD Prime + 1.50%, TD Prime +3.75%, TD Prime +7.75%, TD Prime +9.25%, TD Prime + 10.75%, TD Prime +12.75% depending on your credit assessment. As of October 1, 2013, TD Prime was 3% so current preferred rates range from 4.50% to 15.75%. Standard Rate of 21.0% applies if your Minimum Payment is not received within 30 days of your Payment Due Date.
3 All TD Canada Trust customers including TD Credit Card Cardholders are eligible to apply for optional Travel Medical Insurance underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. Some applications are subject to underwriting. Medical and claims assistance, claims payment and administrative services are provided by our Administrator. This insurance is subject to exclusions and limitations that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance which is issued if accepted for enrollment. Travel Medical Insurance can be purchased at any branch or call 1-800-293-4941, or visit www.tdcanadatrust.com. Note that this optional insurance offers different benefits, on different terms and conditions, than the Travel Medical Insurance that is automatically included with the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card.
4 Provided by Avis Rent-A-Car System LLC. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer subject to other terms and conditions.
5 Provided by Budget Rent-A-Car System, Inc. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer subject to other terms and conditions.
6 TD Auto Club provided by AXA Assistance Canada Inc. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates accept no responsibility in respect of these services.
7 Subject to available credit. Balance Transfers are treated as Cash Advances and accrue interest at the Cash Advance rate that applies to your Account from the date the Balance Transfer is made.
8 Visit your TD Canada Trust branch to receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your TD Credit Card Accounts through Green Machine ATMs or other ATMs. TD U.S. Dollar Visa Cardholders may request a PIN by mail. Subject to available credit. Fees apply to each Cash Advance and Cash Advances accrue interest at the Cash Advance rate that applies to your Account from the date the Cash Advance is made.
New to Canada?
If you arrived in Canada within the last two years, TD offers credit cards in addition to a banking package which includes the ability to apply for a credit card without having Canadian credit history.