Apply now or call 1-800-983-8472
Free (up to 3)1
TD Drivers Rewards Points
- You want to redeem your TD Drivers Rewards Points towards automotive parts and/or services purchased with your Card2
- You want no annual fee
- You want a flexible reward Card with no points expiry or reward levels to worry about
- You want Authorized User Cards at no fee (up to 3)1
It's easy to earn and redeem TD Points
Earn TD Drivers Reward Points with your TD Drivers Rewards Visa Card.
- Earn 2 TD Drivers Rewards Points
For every $1 spent on gas purchases up to $700 (per statement period)2 and 1 TD Drivers Rewards Point for every $1 spent on gas purchases over $700 (per statement period); and
- Earn 1.25 TD Drivers Rewards Points
for every $1 spent on purchases of automotive parts or services at eligible merchants; and
- Earn 1 TD Drivers Rewards Point
for every $1 spent on all other purchases made with the Card.
Earn more TD Drivers Rewards Points with Authorized User Cards1
- You'll earn TD Drivers Rewards Points on the eligible purchases made on the Authorized User Card(s) as well as on your own Card. That means your TD Drivers Rewards Points will add up faster.
- You can add up to three Authorized User Cards to your TD Drivers Rewards Visa Card at no additional charge.
How to redeem TD Drivers Rewards Points
Redeem your TD Drivers Rewards Points towards the
purchase or lease of the vehicle you want. You can also redeem your TD Drivers Rewards Points for purchases of automotive parts or services made with your Card, such as windshield wipers, tires, spark plugs, car mats, GPS system, car radio, seat covers and more.
- Phone 1-800-983-8472 within 90 days of the purchase or lease of your vehicle, or of your purchase of automotive parts or services. If you are redeeming for automotive parts or services, you must first use your TD Drivers Rewards Visa Card to make the purchase from eligible merchants of automotive parts or services (as described in the Cardholder Agreement) and then allow sufficient time for your automotive parts or services purchase to be posted to your TD Drivers Rewards Credit Card Account.
- For redemptions towards vehicles, make sure you have the vehicle make, model, VIN number, date of purchase or lease and Dealership Name available. Remember to keep your bill of sale or lease should we request a copy for our records.
The dollar value of your TD Drivers Rewards Points will be credited to your Account within 2-3 business days.
Calculate how many TD Drivers Rewards Points you could earn in your first year
* This chart is for illustrative purposes only.
** Total TD Drivers Rewards Points earned and corresponding dollar equivalent assumes no redemption of TD Drivers Rewards Points towards any purchases of automotive parts or services or towards any purchase or lease of a vehicle made during the year. TD Drivers Rewards Points must be redeemed in 2,500-point increments. 2,500 TD Drivers Rewards Points = $25 towards automotive rewards.
Benefits of this Card
Travel more comfortably knowing your Card protects you.
Optional Travel Medical Insurance3
Enjoy the security that comes with Travel Medical Insurance. When you're on a trip, the last thing you want to be concerned about is your medical coverage. Going out of province or country, Travel Medical Insurance covers you for eligible medical expenses so you can enjoy your trip. Choose between Annual Plan coverage (the best value for frequent travellers) which includes Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation coverages or Per Trip coverage for occasional travellers.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance4,5
Charge your fare to your Card and you, as the Primary Cardholder, your spouse and dependent children are insured for up to $500,000 while travelling on a common carrier (for example, a bus, ferry, plane, train or auto rental).
Wherever you're headed on your next trip, know that you're covered.
Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car preferred rates6,7
- Save 5% to 25% off the lowest available discountable time and mileage retail rate on qualifying car rentals from Avis and Budget when the rental is charged to your Card.
- For Avis rentals, visit avis.com/tdcreditcards or call 1-800-879-2847 to reserve. Quote Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) #C078400 at time of reservation.
- For Budget rentals, visit budget.com/tdcreditcards or call 1-800-268-2900 to reserve. Quote Budget Customer Discount (BCD) #A331700 at time of reservation.
Optional TD Auto Club Membership8
With optional Deluxe or Standard TD Auto Club Membership, you and your family will enjoy peace of mind knowing that in the event of a road emergency, help is just a phone call away. For information and to enroll, call 1-800-245-0297.
Convenient services that make your banking experience more comfortable.
No-fee Balance Transfer9
- You can complete no-fee Balance Transfers to consolidate your debts from other non-TD Credit Cards, quickly and easily to your TD Canada Trust Credit Card.
- Just transfer the balance from your other non-TD Credit Cards to your TD Credit Card in real time.
- By doing this you can keep track of your expenses with one monthly payment as opposed to multiple payments.
For more information, visit us at your nearest TD Canada Trust branch.
Search by Address, Intersection, City, Postal Code OR by Branch Number.
If the unexpected should occur, your credit obligations are covered.
Optional Balance Protection insurance11
Optional Balance Protection insurance products are designed to assist in managing your credit obligations on your TD Credit Card(s) in the event of your Involuntary Unemployment, Loss of Self-Employment Income, Disability Requiring Hospitalization, Total Disability, Dismemberment, Critical Illness or Death. To learn more about optional Balance Protection insurance products, call 1-866-315-9069 or visit tdcanadatrust.com/BP.
No matter where you shop, make your transactions more secure.
Chip & PIN technology
- TD Visa Cards with Chip and PIN technology provide an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- A required PIN makes it much more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the information on your TD Credit Card.
Emergency Cash Advances10
- You can ask for an emergency Cash Advance in an amount determined by the type of TD Visa Card you have (subject to your available credit limit).
- Get up to $500 in emergency Cash Advances for TD Classic Travel Visa Card members.
Verified by Visa*
Verified by Visa provides you with increased security and convenience when you shop online.
Frequently asked questions
Annual interest rates, fees and features are current as of October 1, 2013 unless otherwise indicated and subject to change.
1 Primary Cardholder remains liable for all charges to the Account, including those made by any Authorized User.
2 TD Drivers Rewards Points are earned for Purchases charged to the Account. Purchases of gas and purchases of automotive parts or services must be made at eligible merchants of gas and eligible merchants of automotive parts or services with eligible Merchant Category Codes, as described in the TD Drivers Rewards Program section of your Cardholder Agreement, to be able to earn TD Drivers Rewards Points. Credit for returned items, refunds, rebates or other similar credits will reduce or cancel the TD Drivers Rewards Points earned by the amount originally charged to your Account. Fees, Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers, Cash-Like Transactions and TD Visa* Cheques), interest charges, optional services, refunds, rebates or other similar credits do not earn TD Drivers Rewards Points. Please see the TD Drivers Rewards Program section of the Cardholder Agreement (http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/document/PDF/tdvisa/tdct-tdvisa-driverrewards-530974.pdf) for complete details.
3 All TD Canada Trust customers including TD Credit Cards cardholders are eligible to apply for optional Travel Medical Insurance underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. Some applications are subject to underwriting. Medical and claims assistance, claims payment and administrative services are provided by our Administrator. This insurance is subject to exclusions and limitations that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance included which is issued if accepted for enrollment. Note that this optional insurance offers different benefits, on different terms and conditions, than the Travel Medical Insurance that is automatically included with other TD Canada Trust Credit Cards.
4 Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, exclusions, limitations, changes and cancellation. Details of insurance benefits, including terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions are outlined in the Coverage Certificates provided with your Credit Cards. Some benefits and coverages are only offered to the Primary Cardholder.
5 Underwritten by Chubb Insurance Company of Canada.
6 Provided by Avis Rent-A-Car System LLC. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer subject to other terms and conditions.
7 Provided by Budget Rent-A-Car System, Inc. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer subject to other terms and conditions.
8 TD Auto Club is provided by AXA Assistance Canada Inc. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates accept no responsibility in respect of these services.
9 Subject to available credit. Balance Transfers are treated as Cash Advances and accrue interest at the Cash Advance rate that applies to your Account from the date the Cash Advance is made.
10 Visit your TD Canada Trust branch to receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your TD Credit Card Accounts through Green Machine ATM or other ATMs. TD U.S. Dollar Visa Cardholders may request a PIN by mail. Subject to available credit. Fees apply to each Cash Advance and Cash Advances accrue interest at the Cash Advance rate that applies to your Account from the date the Cash Advance is made.
11 Life, Accidental Death at 66 and Critical Illness coverages are underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida and Involuntary Unemployment, Total Disability, Disability Requiring Hospitalization and Loss of Self-Employment Income coverages are underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. Dismemberment coverage is underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. The Toronto-Dominion Bank receives a fee from each insurer with respect to premium collection. Complete terms of coverage are in the Certificate of Insurance you will receive upon enrollment. Eligibility requirements, limitations and exclusions apply, and vary by benefit.
New to Canada?
If you arrived in Canada within the last two years, TD offers credit cards in addition to a banking package which includes the ability to apply for a credit card without having Canadian credit history.