- You want to earn a Welcome Bonus1 of 30,000 TD Points following your first Purchase (that’s a business travel value of up to $150)
- You want to turn everyday business purchases into business travel rewards
- You want the freedom to book business travel through whichever travel agency or travel provider you prefer
- You want access to valuable travel-related coverage like Travel Medical Insurance6 and Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance7
- You want the flexibility of no travel blackouts3, no seat restrictions3 and no expiry4 of your travel rewards
It’s easy to earn and redeem TD Points
Earn TD Points with your TD
Business Travel Visa Card
Earn 3 TD Points
for every $1 you spend on business Purchases using your Card (that's a return of up to 1.5% on your purchase)2
Earn triple TD Points
when you book travel online through Expedia® For TD (that’s a return of up to 4.5% on your travel purchases!)2
How to redeem5 TD Points
Book and redeem with ease through Expedia For TD
Go to tdrewards.com/expediafortd and book online through Expedia For TD or call 1-877-222-6492 to book your trip with TD Points.
Or choose your travel provider
Purchase your trip or travel-related expenses (accommodation, car rentals, park passes, etc.) anywhere you find a travel deal – directly from any airline or through a travel agency – and redeem your TD Points within 90 days of your travel purchase online through tdrewards.com or by calling 1-800-983-8472.
Calculate how many TD Points
you could earn in your first year
Wherever you’re headed on your next trip, know that you’re covered.
Travel Medical Insurance6
You're covered without even having to charge the trip to your Card! As the Account Holder, whenever you leave your province of residence, you, your spouse and dependent children are automatically insured for upfront payments of eligible emergency medical emergency expenses for $1 million for the first 15 days, without having to pay for the coverage. If you or your spouse is aged 65 or older, you are covered for the first 4 days of your trip.
Flight/Trip Delay Insurance8
Take the stress out of travel delays by purchasing scheduled flights with your Card. If your trip is delayed more than four hours, you are covered for up to $500 CDN for reasonable and eligible hotel, motel or restaurant expenses.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance8
Charge your fare to your Card and you, as the Account Holder, your spouse and dependent children are insured for up to $500,000 while travelling on a common carrier (for example, a bus, ferry, plane, train or auto rental).
Emergency Travel Assistance Services9
Help is just a call away. Toll-free access to help in the event of a personal emergency while travelling. Call 1-800- 871-8334.
Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance7
- Each Covered person is insured for up to $1,000 if checked baggage is lost or delayed by more than six hours from the time of arrival at your final destination.
- This includes the cost to replace essential items and the replacement cost of personal property that is not covered by the airline or other insurance if your checked baggage is never returned.
No-fee Travellers Cheques
- American Express® Travellers Cheques are welcomed at establishments around the world.
- As a TD Credit Cardholder, you're entitled to purchase any amount you need through participating TD Canada Trust branches - without paying the standard commission fees.
Receive special automotive benefits that help you get from A to B.
Auto Rental Collision/ Loss Damage Insurance7,10
- Use your eligible TD Visa Card to charge the full cost of a car rental and get the Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance at no additional cost for up to 48 consecutive days.
Avis Rent-A-Car And Budget Rent-A-Car preferred rates11,12
Save 5% to 25% off the lowest available discountable time and mileage retail rate on qualifying car rentals from Avis and Budget when the rental is charged to your Card.
For Avis rentals, visit avis.com/tdcreditcards or call 1-800-879-2847 to reserve.
Quote Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) #C078400 at time of reservation.
For Budget rentals, visit budget.com/tdcreditcards or call 1-800-268-8900 to reserve.
Quote Budget Customer Discount (BCD) #A331700 at time of reservation.
Optional Business TD Auto Club Membership13
- Business TD Auto Club Membership includes 24-hour toll free telephone number, Emergency Road Services, traffic accident towing, emergency transportation car rental, emergency accommodation and meals, hazardous weather services, and many other features
Convenient services that make your banking experience more comfortable
24-hour Cash Advance and Account access14
- With your TD Credit Card, and a Personal Identification Number (PIN), you have access to instant Cash Advances, subject to your available credit limit, at TD Canada Trust branches and any of the over 1 million automated teller machines (ATMs) worldwide.
- You can call toll-free at 1-800-983-8472 whenever you want Account information or have questions regarding your TD Credit Card.
- With your TD Credit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN), you can also access your TD Credit Card Account balance and activity, make payments and withdrawals, and access your TD Canada Trust bank accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You can use our Balance Transfer service to consolidate your debts from other non-TD Credit Cards, quickly and easily to your TD Credit Card.
- Just transfer the balance from your other non-TD Credit Cards to your TD Credit Card in real time.
- By doing this you can keep track of your expenses with one monthly payment as opposed to multiple payments.
Visa Checkout is an easier way to pay online. Sign up for Visa Checkout, a service available from Visa that simplifies the online checkout process.17 It's available anywhere you see the Visa Checkout logo.
No matter where you shop, make your transactions more secure
Chip & PIN technology
- TD Visa Cards with Chip and PIN technology provide an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- A required PIN makes it much more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the information on your TD Credit Card.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection16
You automatically have access to Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection, covering most new items you’ve purchased with your Card, should they be stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase. If the item comes with a warranty, you may be entitled to double the warranty period for up to 12 additional months.
Emergency Cash Advances15
- You can ask for an Emergency Cash Advance in an amount determined by the type of TD Visa Card you have (subject to your available credit limit).
- Get up to $500 for TD Business Travel Visa Cards
Verified by Visa*
Verified by Visa* provides you with increased security and convenience when you shop online.
Frequently asked questions
Annual interest rates, fees and features are current as of August 16, 2015 unless otherwise indicated and subject to change.
1 Welcome Bonus applies only to the new TD Business Travel Account opened for the Card with the Annual Fee of $149 issued in the name of the business (the “Account”). Welcome Bonus will be awarded to the Account only after the first Purchase is charged to the Account. Limit of one (1) Welcome Bonus for the Account. TD reserves the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by any one person or business. Welcome Bonus does not apply to additional Cards issued in the name of the same business. Other conditions apply. Offer may be changed, extended or withdrawn at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer.
2 TD Points are earned for Purchases charged to the Account. Credits for refunds, returned items, rebates and other similar credits will reduce or cancel the TD Points earned by the full or partial amount originally charged to the Account. Fees, Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers, Cash-Like Transactions and TD Visa* Cheques), interest charges, optional services, refunds, rebates or other similar credits do not earn TD Points.
3 Subject to carrier/space availability.
4 TD Points do not expire as long as you are a Cardholder.
- Being postponed at this time, if your statement address is in Quebec. Click here for more information.
6 Underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. Medical and claims assistance, claims payment and administrative services are provided by our Administrator. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions, including a pre-existing condition exclusion, that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance included with your TD Credit Cardholder Agreement. Note that this insurance offers different benefits, with different terms and conditions, than the optional Travel Medical Insurance that is available to all TD customers. The day of departure from and the day of return to your province of residence each count as one full day. 15-day coverage if you're under 65 and 4-day coverage if you're 65 or older.
7 Underwritten by TD Home and Auto Insurance Company. To be eligible for this coverage, your trip must be paid for in full using your TD Credit Card and/or associated TD Points. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance included with your TD Credit Card Cardholder Agreement.
8 Underwritten by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch). Details of insurance benefits, including terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions are outlined in the Certificate of Insurance included with your TD Credit Cardholder Agreement.
9 Provided by our Administrator under a service agreement with TD Life Insurance Company. This is not an insurance benefit but assistance services only.
10 Underwritten by TD Home and Auto Insurance Company. Car rentals must be charged in full to the Card and/or associated TD Points, cannot exceed 48 consecutive days and the rental agency’s Collision Damage Waiver coverage must be declined by the Cardholder. Refer to the Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance section of your TD Credit Cardholder Agreement for rental exclusions and further details.
11 Provided by Avis Rent-A-Car System LLC. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer subject to other terms and conditions.
12 Provided by Budget Rent-A-Car System, Inc. Program terms are subject to change without notice. Certain blackout dates may apply. Offer subject to other terms and conditions.
13 TD Auto Club is provided by AXA Assistance Canada Inc. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates accept no responsibility in respect of these services.
14 Visit your TD Canada Trust branch to receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your TD Credit Card Accounts through Green Machine ATM or other ATMs. TD U.S. Dollar Visa Cardholders may request a PIN by mail. Subject to available credit. Fees apply to each Cash Advance and Cash Advances accrue interest at the Cash Advance rate that applies to your Account from the date the Cash Advance is made.
15 Subject to available credit. Balance Transfers are treated as Cash Advances and accrue interest at the Cash Advance rate that applies to your Account from the date the Balance Transfer is made.
16 Underwritten by TD Home and Auto Insurance Company. To be eligible for this coverage, the item must be paid for in full using your TD Credit Card. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance included with your TD Credit Cardholder Agreement.
17 The Visa Checkout service is made available through Visa. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for the service including any offers made available to you through the service.
New to Canada?
If you arrived in Canada within the last two years, TD offers credit cards in addition to a banking package which includes the ability to apply for a credit card without having Canadian credit history.