Apply Now or call 1-866-769-0008
A good choice if:
- You want to earn a Welcome Bonus of 30,000 TD Points (that’s $150 towards any business travel)1
- You want to turn everyday business purchases into business travel rewards
- You want the freedom to book business travel through whichever travel agency or travel provider you prefer
- You want access to valuable travel-related coverage like Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance5
- You want the flexibility of no travel blackouts4, no seat restrictions4 and no expiry3 for travel rewards
Before you apply let's make sure you are eligible.
How to earn TD Points
Earn 3 TD Points
for every $1 you spend on Purchases using your Card (equivalent to a 1.5% return on your purchase)2.
Earn 6 TD Points
when you book travel over the phone through either Expedia® For TD or the TD Travel Rewards Centre (that’s a 3% return on your travel purchases!)2.
Earn 9 TD Points
when you book travel online through Expedia® For TD (that’s a 4.5% return on your travel purchases!)2.
How to redeem TD Points
You can also choose to book and redeem with the TD Travel Rewards Centre at 1-855-236-2300.
Purchase your trip or travel-related expenses (accommodation, car rentals, park passes, etc.) anywhere you find a travel deal – directly from any airline or through a travel agency – and redeem your TD Points within 90 days of your travel purchase online through tdrewards.com or by calling 1-800-983-8472.
Calculate how many TD Points you could earn in your first year
*This chart is for illustrative purposes only. Welcome Bonus applies only in the first year.
** Total TD Points and corresponding dollar value equivalent assumes no redemption of TD Points towards any travel purchases made during the year. TD Points must be redeemed in 10,000-point increments. 10,000 TD Points = $50 towards travel purchases.
Enjoy exclusive business travel rewards and features
Ways to Apply
Locate a branch
Apply for a secured card
Secured credit cards can be a great way to help rebuild your credit. Locate your local TD Canada Trust branch where you can find out more.
Establish your credit
If you are new to Canada a Credit Card can be a great way to help establish your credit.
Locate your local TD Canada Trust branch where you can find out more and apply today.
Important business documents you will need when applying for
a TD Business Credit Card for your Small Business
If your Small Business is new to TD:
Master Business License: for Sole Proprietors or Corporations operating under a trade name
Partnership Agreement: for Partnerships
Articles of Incorporation: for Corporations
The following may also be required:
Notice of Assessment (last 2 years)
Business Financial Statements
Frequently asked questions
Travel medical insurance available for purchase6
Enjoy the security that comes with Travel Medical Insurance. When you're on a trip, the last thing you want to be concerned about is your medical coverage. Going out of province or country, Travel Medical Insurance covers you for eligible medical expenses so you can enjoy your trip. Choose between Annual Plan coverage (the best value for frequent travellers) which includes Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation coverages, or Per Trip coverage for occasional travellers.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance7,8
You and your loved ones are automatically insured while travelling on a common carrier (train line, bus line, taxicab, cruise ship) whenever you charge the full cost of your transportation to your eligible TD Visa Card.
Emergency Travel Assistance Service9
- Medical referrals, consultation, monitoring and transportation to another medical facility, or medical payment assistance.
- Legal referrals and bail bond assistance.
- Emergency cash transfers (up to your available credit limit), transportation, replacement tickets and travel documents.
Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance5,7
- You and your family are insured for up to $1,000 if your checked baggage is lost or delayed by more than six hours from the time of arrival at your final destination.
- This includes the cost to replace essential items and the replacement cost of personal property that is not covered by the airline or other insurance if your checked baggage is never returned.
No-fee Travellers Cheques
- American Express® Travellers Cheques are welcomed at establishments around the world.
- As a TD Credit Cardholder, you're entitled to purchase any amount you need through participating TD Canada Trust branches - without paying the standard commission fees.
Auto Rental Collision/ Loss Damage7,10
- Use your eligible TD Visa Card to charge the full cost of a car rental and the Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance program will cover you at no additional cost.
- This insurance coverage means you do not need to purchase the collision/loss damage insurance coverage offered by the car rental company.
Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car preferred rates11,12
- When you need a vehicle for business or pleasure, you can save 5% to 25% off the lowest available discountable time and mileage retail rate on qualifying rentals.
- This offer is valid at participating Avis® and Budget® locations worldwide when the rental is charged in full to your eligible TD Credit Card.
For these savings and to reserve your vehicle, visit
Optional TD Auto Club membership13
With the Business TD Auto Club 13 membership, you will know that help is just a phone call away in the event of road emergency anywhere in Canada or the continental U.S., - 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week.
Business TD Auto Club Membership: For standard passenger vehicles - up to 8,000 lbs
Emergency Road Services: roadside assistance, towing up to 200 km, battery boosts, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, extrication/winch service and lock-out assistance, and reimbursement for towing from the scene of an accident; plus traffic accident towing, emergency transportation car rental, emergency accommodation and meals, hazardous weather services, and many other features.
24-hour Cash Advance and Account access14
- With your TD Credit Card, and a Personal Identification Number (PIN), you have access to instant Cash Advances, subject to your available credit limit, at TD Canada Trust branches and any of the over 1 million automated teller machines (ATMs) worldwide.
- You can call toll-free at 1-800-983-8472 whenever you want Account information or have questions regarding your TD Credit Card.
- With your TD Credit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN), you can also access your TD Credit Card Account balance and activity, make payments and withdrawals, and access your TD Canada Trust bank accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For added convenience after you open your TD Credit Card Account, you can arrange to have your TD Credit Card payments automatically withdrawn from your bank account at any Canadian financial institution. Simply choose whether you want to make your Minimum Payment or pay your balance in full each month and your payment will be withdrawn from your personal chequing or savings account on the Payment Due Date.
- You can use our Balance Transfer service to consolidate your debts from other non-TD Credit Cards, quickly and easily to your TD Credit Card
- Just transfer the balance from your other non-TD Credit Cards to your TD Credit Card in real time.
For more information, visit us at your nearest TD Canada Trust branch.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty5,7
- If an item you purchased in full with your TD Credit Card is stolen or damaged within 90 days, it may be replaced, repaired or you may be reimbursed for it.
- If the item comes with a manufacturer's warranty, you may be entitled to double the warranty period by up to 12 additional months.
Emergency cash advances15
- You can ask for an Emergency Cash Advance in an amount determined by the type of TD Visa Card you have (subject to your available credit limit).
- Get up to $500 for TD Business Travel Visa Cards
Priority Pass Membership Discount16
- Travel like a VIP with a Priority Pass membership.
- All TD Travel Credit Cardholders receive an annual discount on a Priority Pass membership, your key to 600 VIP airport lounges worldwide.
New to Canada?
If you arrived in Canada within the last two years, TD offers credit cards in addition to a banking package which includes the ability to apply for a credit card without having Canadian credit history.