Your flexible starter
If you’re under 19, you can start saving with the convenience and flexibility of unlimited transactions.
What’s included in the TD Youth Savings Account1?
Account Fees and Waivers
- No monthly fee
- No minimum balance requirement
Is this the right account for you?
Our Account Selector Tool will find the best savings account for you.
Help me choose
Included with your account are these convenient services and features:
- Unlimited free debit transactions2 each month
- Free Paperless Record Keeping or Online Statements
- Interest calculated daily and paid monthly
- Competitive interest rate that grows with your balance
- Parents/guardians can set up a Pre-Authorized Transfer or Simply Save from their account into the Youth account, to save for education or give a weekly allowance
- Send Interac e-Transfers for $1.50 per transaction
- Additional Non-TD ATM withdrawals for $1.50 each within Canada
- PLUS system withdrawals (inside U.S. and Mexico) $3 CDN each, FREE at any TD Bank ATM3
- PLUS system withdrawal fee outside Canada, U.S. and Mexico are $5 CDN each3
Managing your account is even easier with these services
Save with every debit
card purchase you make
Make saving automatic
With Pre-authorized Transfer Service, you decide how much you want to save and how often you want to do it. We take care of the rest.
Find out more
1 The Youth Account is only available to persons under the age of 19.
2 Debit transactions are withdrawals, transfers, cheques and pre-authorized payments and the debit portion of bill payments, domestic (TD and non-TD ATM) withdrawals and foreign ATM withdrawals, debit payment purchases, NYCE debit payment purchases and Interac e-Transfers. Pre-authorized Transfer Service is a debit transaction.
3 The Plus Network is operated by Visa International who is responsible for ensuring all member banks are compliant with current standards to allow withdrawals by all Plus Cardholders. Certain states permit surcharging of international customers at independent ATMs. This surcharge will display electronically for the customer to accept before completing the transaction.