Get fast access to your money with Direct Deposit
deposited directly into your account.
The Direct Deposit advantage
Direct Deposit is a fast, convenient way to access your money. There is no need to make a special trip to the bank to deposit your cheque. With Direct Deposit, your money is immediately available to you — no matter what you're doing or where you are.
- Convenient. Faster access to your money. Your payments will never be held up by postal delays or other delivery issues.
- Reliable. Your payments will always be on time, so you’ll have immediate access to your money when you need it.
- Secure. Direct Deposit is reliable and safe.
Find out from your employer if Direct Deposit is available, and then select an option below to get your Direct Deposit information:
- Use our new tool in EasyWeb to get immediate access to your Direct Deposit information
- Download and complete the Direct Deposit form and present it to your employer’s payroll department. If you are receiving a pension, you can also present the form to your pension provider, as well as your former employer’s payroll department
- Call us at 1-877-247-2265
- Visit your nearest TD branch
The Government of Canada is phasing out all cheque payments by April 2016, so you’ll need to set up Direct Deposit before then – follow the steps below to get started:
- Go to directdeposit.gc.ca and complete the Government Direct Deposit form.
- Print the completed Government Direct Deposit Enrolment form and mail it along with a void cheque to the address provided.
No Void Cheque? No Problem!
- You can use our new tool in EasyWeb that makes it faster and easier to get the Direct Deposit information you need for your accounts
- You can visit your nearest TD branch to have a TD representative stamp Part C of the Government Direct Deposit Enrolment form with your Direct Deposit information
Got questions about your Government payments? Call 1-800-593-1666
ACT NOW: Government of Canada is phasing out payments by cheque
All Federal Government payments by cheque — including Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, Income Tax and Child Tax Benefits — will be phased out by 2016 and only available by Direct Deposit. We can make the process comfortable and help you enrol in Direct Deposit today.
For more information, visit directdeposit.gc.ca or call 1-877-247-2265.