Get fast access to your money with Direct Deposit
The Direct Deposit advantage
Direct Deposit is a fast, convenient way to access your money. There is no need to make a special trip to the bank to deposit your cheque. With Direct Deposit, your money is immediately available to you — no matter what you're doing or where you are.
- Convenient. Faster access to your money. Your payments will never be held up by postal delays or other delivery issues.
- Reliable. Your payments will always be on time, so you’ll have immediate access to your money when you need it.
- Secure. Direct Deposit is reliable and safe.
How to enrol for Direct Deposit employer payments
Find out from your employer if Direct Deposit is available.
- Download and complete the Direct Deposit form and present it to your employer’s payroll department. If you are receiving a pension, you can also present the form to your former employer’s payroll department or pension provider.
- Questions? Call us at 1-877-247-2265. Or visit your nearest branch where we would be happy to help you set up Direct Deposit.
How to enrol in Direct Deposit for Government of Canada payments
The Government of Canada will be phasing out all payments by cheque by 2016.
Enrol today for Direct Deposit for all of your federal government payments and get your money faster. Here’s how:
- Go to directdeposit.gc.ca and complete the Direct Deposit Enrolment form.
- Print the completed form and mail to the address provided.
Call 1-800-OCANADA if you have any questions about your Government payments.
- Visit your nearest TD Canada Trust branch. We can provide you the information to help you enrol.
- Questions? Call us at 1-877-247-2265. We’d be happy to help.
ACT NOW: Government of Canada is phasing out payments by cheque
All Federal Government payments by cheque — including Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, Income Tax and Child Tax Benefits — will be phased out by 2016 and only available by Direct Deposit. We can make the process comfortable and help you enrol in Direct Deposit today.
For more information, visit directdeposit.gc.ca or call 1-877-247-2265.