Get fast access to your money with Direct Deposit
deposited directly into your account.
The Direct Deposit advantage
Direct Deposit is a fast, convenient way to access your money. There is no need to make a special trip to the bank to deposit your cheque. With Direct Deposit, your money is immediately available to you — no matter what you're doing or where you are.
- Convenient. Faster access to your money. Your payments will never be held up by postal delays or other delivery issues.
- Reliable. Your payments will always be on time, so you’ll have immediate access to your money when you need it.
- Secure. Direct Deposit is reliable and safe.
Find out from your employer if Direct Deposit is available.
- Download and complete the Direct Deposit form and present it to your employer’s payroll department. If you are receiving a pension, you can also present the form to your former employer’s payroll department or pension provider.
- Questions? Call us at 1-877-247-2265. Or visit your nearest branch where we would be happy to help you set up Direct Deposit.
The Government of Canada will be phasing out all payments by cheque by 2016.
Enrol today for Direct Deposit for all of your federal government payments and get your money faster. Here’s how:
- Go to directdeposit.gc.ca and complete the Government Direct Deposit Enrolment form.
- Print the completed Government Direct Deposit Enrolment form and mail it along with a void cheque to the address provided.
No Void Cheque, No Problem: To ensure accuracy in processing you can complete our Direct Deposit Form and include it with the Government Direct Deposit Enrolment form. Visit your nearest TD branch to stamp Part C of the Government Direct Deposit Enrolment form.
Call 1-800-593-1666 if you have any questions about your Government payments.
- Visit your nearest TD Canada Trust branch. We can provide you the information to help you enrol.
- Questions? Call us at 1-877-247-2265. We’d be happy to help.
ACT NOW: Government of Canada is phasing out payments by cheque
All Federal Government payments by cheque — including Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, Income Tax and Child Tax Benefits — will be phased out by 2016 and only available by Direct Deposit. We can make the process comfortable and help you enrol in Direct Deposit today.
For more information, visit directdeposit.gc.ca or call 1-877-247-2265.