Community Giving and Partnerships
|As a North American bank, we believe it’s important to invest in the diversity, culture and environmental well-being of the communities where we do business.|
That’s why we are active participants in community involvement and corporate giving and partnerships. Here are just a few of the ways TD Canada Trust and other members of TD Bank Group are making a difference.
Community Diversity Programs
In 2010, TD donated $6.9 million to community programs and initiatives that support diversity in communities across Canada. Here are a few examples:
- Mentoring Partnership, Toronto: TD is the most active corporate partner in the Mentoring Partnership developed by the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council, which helps recent immigrants overcome obstacles to establish their careers in Canada. TD employees have developed more than 400 mentoring relationships and $540,000 has been contributed to the program.
- Supporting the annual celebration of Black History Month with a series of arts, entertainment and cultural events in the Greater Toronto Area. The theme “Then & Now” recognized the many accomplishments of black Canadians, past and present.
- TD Festival of South Asian Music, Cuisine and Culture, Toronto: This yearly festival in Toronto proudly showcases the cuisine, music, culture and fashions of South Asia. The TD Canada Trust stage highlights South Asian dancing and music reflecting the Indian, Pakistani, Bangladesh and Sri Lankan cultures.
- TD Lunar New Year Celebration, Richmond: With funding from TD Canada Trust, the Richmond Chinese Community Society Lunar New Year Celebrations are conducted with whole-day multicultural performances, ranging from Traditional Chinese Opera, Lion Dance, Chinese Folk Dance and Kung Fu Performances, to Chinese calligraphy demonstrations and an exhibition of Chinese brush painting. Over 10,000 attendees flock to this exciting event every year.
- TD Irie Music Festival, Toronto: This popular five-day reggae and global music attraction includes Taste of The Tropics, a culinary extravaganza showcasing food from tropical regions around the world, as well as dance, exhibitions, author readings, and other cultural events at two downtown locations.
- Korean Heritage Day Festival, Greater Vancouver Area: With support from TD Canada Trust, this yearly showcase of Korean cultural arts and music has grown to become the most celebrated event for the Korean community in the Greater Vancouver Area.
- GlobalFest, Calgary, Alberta: GlobalFest is a not-for-profit society dedicated to celebrating and showcasing Calgary’s cultural diversity and artistic excellence within the local communities and around the globe. With financial support from TD Canada Trust, GlobalFest produces a multi-faceted arts and cultural festival featuring international film, cuisine, cultural events, fireworks and more.
- Children’s Literacy and Education: In 2008, TD contributed $9.45 million to support literacy and education across Canada through initiatives like the TD Summer Reading Club, TD Canadian Children’s Book Week, TD Canada Trust Scholarships for Community Leadership and TD Waterhouse Investing in Youth.
- TD Friends of the Environment Foundation: The TD Friends of the Environment Foundation (TD FEF) is a national organization with a community focus that funds local projects dedicated to preserving the environment. TD FEF works with Canadians who are committed to protecting the environment in their own community and across the country. Since 1990, the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation has provided more than $49 million to support over 18,000 environmental projects in local communities across Canada. And every year TD Bank Group contributes an additional $1 million to TD FEF along with the funds already donated by Canadians.
- Community/Not-For-Profit Plans: Our Community/Not-For-Profit Plans are designed to support the organizations that make a difference in local communities across Canada. One of our flexible Service Plans can help these local organizations minimize fees and manage their finances more effectively. For more information, visit your TD Canada Trust branch.
At TD Canada Trust, we can look after all your financial needs as you settle in Canada.
Come in and talk with us today.