Personal Line of Credit
For everything from the everyday to the extraordinary
A TD Canada Trust Line of Credit gives you access to the funds you need, when you need them. It can be used to finance larger purchases such as home renovations and can also be used to effectively manage your daily cash flow. Our Line of Credit gives you automatic access to funds whenever and wherever you want them – up to $50,000.
A Line of Credit also gives you competitive interest rates and a flexible financial option that puts you in control.
A TD Canada Trust Personal Line of Credit can also be a great choice if you’ve planned to supplement your home’s power sources with renewable energy.
Apply for a personal line of credit and gain the credit you need to finance your goals.
More flexibility. More control.
Instant access to your money
- Make cash withdrawals at TD Canada Trust bank branches
- Add your Line of Credit to your TD Canada Trust Access Card and use it at merchants and automated teller machines (ATMs) worldwide2
- Transfer funds to and from your Line of Credit using EasyLine telephone banking or EasyWeb Internet banking
- Write a Line of Credit cheque, free to order and no additional fee to write
Competitive interest rate options
- Competitive variable rates based on TD Prime Rates
- Transfer balances from high interest credit cards to your line of credit with a Balance of Account Transfer (BOAT)
Use the Fixed Rate Advantage Option at any time to lock in all or a portion (subject to minimums) of your credits balance at a fixed interest rate with fixed payments
Choose your monthly payments
- Choose how much you want to pay toward your outstanding credit balance each month -- as little as 3% or $50, whichever is greater, or any amount up to the entire balance, with no penalties for extra payments
- Pay interest only when your Line of Credit is secured with the equity in your home
Freedom from reapplying
- Once you open your Line of Credit, you have access to the full credit limit and you don't have to reapply
- You can even use your home equity to get a lower rate and added payment flexibility
- As you pay off any credit that you have used, it becomes available again
- For example, if you have a credit limit of $10,000, you might use $2,000 to renovate a favourite room and help with expenses and have $8,000 for other purposes. As you pay off the $2,000, that credit becomes available again
Convenient ways to manage your account
- Online, by phone or at Green Machine ATMs
- Review account status and recent transactions with detailed monthly statements
- Transfer balances to and from other TD Canada Trust accounts
- Make your monthly payments in a branch, at the ATM or even online
Get your official account statements online today!
Online Statements are now available through EasyWeb. Like paper statements, these documents are acceptable for tax and legal purposes and can be saved to your computer or accessed on our secure site for up to 7 years going back to January 2010 and onwards. Sign up for or Log into EasyWeb to turn off paper statements today!
Line of Credit Critical Illness and Life Insurance can help your family and estate avoid debt by paying the outstanding balance on your TD Canada Trust Line of Credit.
You only pay for the amount of insurance you need, based on your average daily TD Canada Trust Line of Credit balance. If there's no balance, there's no charge.
You can apply through –