Contents | Index
To modify the account number for a Company Payee, follow these steps:
- Click My Accounts > Payments & Transfers from the top navigation menu.
- Click Modify Payee from the left sub-menu.
- Click Modify beside the Payee you want to change.
- Type in the New Account Number in the space provided, using the most recent copy of your bill. It is important to provide an accurate account number so that your payments are credited correctly.
- Click Next if you want to proceed with the change.
- Review the information to ensure that it is correct. If you have not entered the New Account Number correctly, click Back to return to Step 1 and enter the correct account number. If the information is correct, click Finish.
- The screen that is now displayed will confirm that the modification was successful.
- You can pay the company you have just modified by choosing the Pay This Company button.
To modify the account number for a Personal Payee, please contact EasyLine at 1-866-222-3456 where a banking specialist will be happy to assist you. Please refer to How to set up a Personal Payee for information that will be required by the banking specialist to modify a Personal Payee.
- Modifying a Payee closes the original account number and creates a new account number. Any previously scheduled payments (current dated, postdated or recurring) to the old account number will not be processed if the status of the account is "Closed" on the effective payment date.
- The Payee and Account Number on your pending payment must be listed on your Pay Bills - Payee List on the day your pending payment is scheduled to be processed or it will be rejected and the payment will not be made.
- Please review your pending payments (postdated and recurring) to ensure that any pending payments to the Payee are directed to the correct account number. If necessary, delete the existing postdated payment and set it up again with the correct account number.
- If you want your existing pending payment(s) to continue to the Payee and Account Number that already exists on your Payee List, do not Modify or Delete the Payee; add the new Account number using Add Payee.