Our commitment to accessibility
We’ve listened to you — through customer experience surveys, focus groups, and talking with members of the community — and some of what we’ve implemented are:
- Accessibility training for all customer-facing employees to educate them about TD Accessibility services, and on properly serving all customers, including those with disabilities.
- Research on universal design to better understand how we can support people of all abilities.
- Accessibility standards for our premise design and IT development.
External Advisory Group
We understand that we need to consult with experts; those that work on a daily basis to remove barriers for people with disabilities. That’s why we have established a group of community organizations to consult with regard to our planning and programs. The group — with representation from Canadian organizations that champion the needs of people with disabilities — provides feedback on TD’s accessibility practices and identifies areas for improvement.
Progressive Organizations. TD supports Canada’s diverse communities through a variety of sponsorships and donations. To name just a few:
- Abilities Arts Festival
- Canadian Abilities Foundation
- Canadian Hearing Society Impact-ASL Program
- Prospect Human Services Society
Join a team that celebrates diversity. TD wants to tap the broadest talent pool possible. This way, we keep our competitive edge in this rapidly changing world.
Accommodation. At TD, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs. Our commitment includes:
- Fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported.
- Building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities we live in and serve.
- Creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
- An Internal Advisory Committee as a forum for hearing from our employees with disabilities.
- TD’s Ability Network, a network of engaged employees with disabilities and their allies.
- TD’s Assistive Technology program tests new technology, and partners with employees to ensure that they are comfortable with their accommodation, and provides advice to IT teams on accessibility.
Find out more about TD’s dedication to diversity.